Re: xorgproto_2018.4-1_amd64.changes REJECTED

On Fri, Mar 09, 2018 at 09:55:06AM +0200, Timo Aaltonen wrote:
> On 09.03.2018 08:00, Chris Lamb wrote:
> > Version: 2018.4-1
> > Timestamp: 2018-03-06 19:36:05.059079+00:00
> > Takes over more then ten packages but gives not the slightest hint that this is correct
> Hint like what, and for whom, exactly? Upstream merged all the separate
> protocol packages in one:

The changelog is a place to document what and sometimes why something
changed.  In this case it just tells us this package is pristine.  As it
takes over existing stuff this is obviously not correct, it got some
kind of a history.

> > Uses a weird mix of package styles:
> > W: xorgproto source: patch-system-but-direct-changes-in-diff attic/bigreqsproto/docbook.am
> > W: xorgproto source: patch-system-but-direct-changes-in-diff attic/bigreqsproto/specs/Makefile.am
> > W: xorgproto source: patch-system-but-direct-changes-in-diff attic/fontsproto/docbook.am
> > W: xorgproto source: patch-system-but-direct-changes-in-diff attic/fontsproto/specs/Makefile.am
> That's because packaging is based on upstream git plus source format 1.0
> (like ~all xorg-team packages are), and the tarball doesn't ship these.
> But whatever, I've removed them from the packaging branch.

Well, lintian thinks this is fishy.  So please do something against such
warnings (and also the one error!).  In this case I don't see why this
can't be a 3.0 package, as it even is setup to use a quilt patch series.

Bastian

--
I have never understood the female capacity to avoid a direct answer to
any question.