Re: Request for newer mesa,llvm packages in stretch backports

Hi,

On Sun, Jan 28, 2018 at 08:37:17PM +0100, Jérémy Viès wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'd like to give a help.
> I backport for my own the mesa stack and its dependencies.

Thanks for offering help!

> Until mesa 17.3.2, I had no issue with the following packages, just
> recompiling the sources from sid:
> llvm-toolchain-5.0
> libclc
> libdrm
> wayland-protocols
> libglvnd
> mesa
>
> But since a few days, at least llvm-toolchain-5.0 needs an updated quilt
> (0.63-8.2) that does not build out of the box on stretch.
> If someone knows what is the quilt update about, I can try to patch debian
> build of llvm-toolchain to only depend on quilt from stretch.

Yeah, I've bumped the quilt dependency in mesa-17.3.3-1. But it looks like
Gianfranco has already uploaded that quilt version to backports [1]. Thanks
Gianfranco!

> I dit not tried to backport vulkan as I do not use it for now, but it
> backported straight forward at jessie time.
>
> Regards,
> Jérémy

So the next step would be to find a DD for sponsoring the llvm upload.
The best way for this is to prepare and upload the backport of
llvm-toolchain-5.0 to mentors [2].

For the other packages we want to have the backports to be prepared in
the VCS. See also the branches for jessie-backports. I'll look into this
task.

Thanks,
Andreas

[1] https://ftp-master.debian.org/backports-new.html