why isn't there a newer xserver-xorg-video-intel release in sid even though there are releases on VCS.

Dear all,

@Timo - thank you as well as all the contributors who take the effort
to have latest intel driver in Debian.

I saw that Timo did quite a bit of work on new releases which are
sitting in the VCS

https://qa.debian.org/cgi-bin/vcswatch?package=xserver-xorg-video-intel

Is there a specific reason why any of the releases past
2:2.99.917+git20161206-1 haven't made it into Debian.

I did try to see the mails from the last 2-3 months to see if there
was any discussion or something but couldn't find any.

I also looked at the transition tracker to see if there was anything
obvious which might be blocking or conflicting but found nothing or at
least didn't see anything.

There are few possibilities that I can think of -

a.  there might be some built dependencies that might be in transition
that I don't know about

b. a feature which people are waiting for upstream to include in a
newer version of xserver-xorg-video-intel. or

c. Just waiting for the right time, maybe transition of
xserver-xorg-video-intel is needed ?

Please share when should we expect to see a new release of the intel
driver, sooner than later is good.

Looking forward to know.

--
          Regards,