Re: Fwd: Re: xcb-util: Changes to 'debian-unstable'

You said "it's not worth the trouble" - I don't think it's any signficant trouble...

There's no transition required that I know of - all existing packages will continue to build fine using the transitional libxcb-util0-dev package and over time build-dependencies will be updated and this package can be removed. It's marked as oldlibs/extra so the automatic tools will pick this up.

--Robert

[1] https://wiki.debian.org/Renaming_a_Package

On Tue, Aug 11, 2015 at 5:38 PM Timo Aaltonen <tjaalton@debian.org> wrote:
On 11.08.2015 08:03, Timo Aaltonen wrote:

> so will you handle the migration on Debian too? since pkg-xorg won't

right, so with another look it indeed looks like the sover got bumped in
_this_ version and not before.. ugh, sorry about that!

still needs the transition