Visual Recovery

My computer's logon screen flashed on and off, so I restarted into Recovery Mode. Same problem.

To fix, I added "nomodeset" to grub, and changed xorg.conf to "vesa". ... Now I'm mailing you from this computer.

Please add a "Visual Recovery" option to grub. The console recovery mode won't work for many. Command-line might be:
... nomodeset x11vesa*

*X server could be patched to force VESA driver usage.

Thank you for reading this.

P.S. I would like to ask for wide-screen resolutions also -- they are not on the default VESA mode list.