AW: Re: Serious issue with release candidate under VMWare (#765490)

Bernd,
I see you taken care of the issue or atleast pushed the correct persons. Thanks alot.

Regards, norbert

---- Bernd Zeimetz schrieb ----

Hi Norbert,

> I noted my concerns on the bug-report, I thought that counts as "talking to the
> package maintainers".

Using "This helps" as Subject for mails to the BTS was not really helpful for
sure, I could image that most people assumed it was spam.

Here are some suggestions:
- I don't know how much the usability of Debian is affected when the vmware xorg
driver is being used. The BTS allows to change the severity. You might want to
include a reason if you do so in your mail, also please note that people might
still decide to ignore this issue for the upcoming release. See
https://www.debian.org/Bugs/Developer#severities for details.
- Use virtualbox or some other virtualization system.

> As far as I understand debian policy, such fixed wont ever make it into Jessie
> later (outside of -backports).

You understand it wrong (assuming that the fix is really this single line
change...).

Cheers,

Bernd

--
Bernd Zeimetz                            Debian GNU/Linux Developer
http://bzed.de                                http://www.debian.org