Re: [RFC] Embed the mesa version in the library/binary name

Hi Emil,

Thanks for the heads up!

Emil Velikov wrote:

A while back I had this idea of renaming the libraries provided by
mesa to include the actual version number. Prior to doing anything
"crazy" I've decided to seek your feedback.

How does this sound, do you foresee any pros/cons with the above
proposal ? Any and all input is greatly appreciated, but please try to
keep your replies technical and constructive.

I don't believe it will change anything for DragonFly Dports, the packaging decisions are made first and foremost by the upstream FreeBSD Mesa port maintainer (Koop Mast). I believe he's on vacation right now though so you won't probably get an answer before September.

As I'm not sure how many of you follow mesa-dev, would you be OK if I
CC you in distro related~ish topics.

Please do; even if I'm not directly concerned, I'll be happy to forward the information to the right persons.

--
Francois Tigeot