The 3 Things That Actually Matter When Evaluating a Gun, Broadhead-tipped Shells, Florida Bear's Backyard Food Coma

Title: OutdoorHub - Daily Newswire
If you are unable to see the message below, click here to view.
OutdoorHub
John Deere #GoGator - See them in action

The 3 Things That Actually Matter When Evaluating a Gun

The 3 Things That Actually Matter When Evaluating a Gun
Dave Bahde

My recent blog ("Shooting Groups; the Big Lie") focused on how little value "shooting groups" has in judging practical accuracy of most firearms. It's mostly mythology designed for marketing and industry norms, and has become a standard for judging the “accuracy” of consumer firearms....
More »

Video How Effective Are Broadhead-tipped Shotgun Shells

Video: How Effective Are Broadhead-tipped Shotgun Shells?
OutdoorHub Reporters

You've heard of the bullet-tipped arrow, but have you seen the broadhead-tipped shotgun round? No, it's not a joke. This round was designed as a "low kinetic energy hunting projectile" and purports to have less recoil, less noise, and the same effectiveness as a regular slug. How it works is...
More »

Florida Bear Eats 20 Pounds of Dog Chow Falls into Food Coma in Backyard

Florida Bear Eats 20 Pounds of Dog Chow, Falls into Food Coma in Backyard
OutdoorHub Reporters

What do you do if a massive black bear breaks into your garage, steals your dog food, and then takes a nap on your lawn? If you live next to a professional wildlife trapper, the answer should be obvious. Bob Cross, a retired 72-year-old firefighter who now owns a critter removal service in Lake...
More »

Quiz Can You Correctly Identify These Exotic Types of Ammo

Quiz: Can You Correctly Identify These Exotic Types of Ammo?
Daniel Xu

The basic science and technology behind ammunition has changed little in the past 100 years. After all, there is still gunpowder, a bullet, and a casing. As disappointing as it is to some, we've still got a ways to go before we get to anything fancy like directed energy weapons (or practical ones...
More »

Leucistic Piebald and Albino Whats the Difference

Leucistic, Piebald, and Albino: What's the Difference?
Patrick Durkin

At first glance my eyes tried telling me a small gull was scouring the grass below our birdfeeders, but I couldn’t imagine what a gull would find worth eating out there so I moved toward the window for a better look. The grayish-white bird was pigeon-sized, but I’ve never seen a pigeon at our...
More »

Australian Government Declares War on Feral Cats

Australian Government Declares "War" on Feral Cats
OutdoorHub Reporters

Australia's feral cat problem has gotten so bad that the government is now planning a cull of massive proportions. According to a five-year plan recently unveiled by environment minister Greg Hunt, the Department of the Environment is planning to cull at least 2 million cats by 2020. Feral cats are...
More »

Video Bouncing Mule Deer Loses Its Antlers

Video: Bouncing Mule Deer Loses Its Antlers
OutdoorHub Reporters

Videos of deer shedding their antlers are pretty rare---probably because most hunters aren't out in the woods during the winter. That means that the shedding process can leave a lot to the imagination. We've seen videos of bucks shaking their heads to shed antlers, and we have seen videos of bucks...
More »

Kansas Police Discover Massive 60-pound Carp in Drainage Ditch

Kansas Police Discover Massive 60-pound Carp in Drainage Ditch
OutdoorHub Reporters

When Jamie Schmidt, the animal control officer for the Olathe Police Department, received a call about a four-foot-long, dead carp in a drainage ditch, she thought it was a joke. “I was in disbelief when he told me it was four feet,” Schmidt told the Kansas City Star. “I know how men like to...
More »

Video Angler Captures Epic Battle Between Mink and Seagull

Video: Angler Captures Epic Battle Between Mink and Seagull
OutdoorHub Reporters

An angler fishing in Ontario's Stoney Lake decided to put down the rod and pick up the video camera after he spotted what appeared to be a mink attacking a seagull. Mink will occasionally target gulls for food, but not normally. Seagulls can be a little too large and powerful for most minks to handle,...
More »

OutdoorHub Video Network Back to Top Become a Video Partner
North Carolina Bear Show

North Carolina Bear Show
Shawn Michaels' MRA
Shawn and Keith are in North Carolina hunting giant black bears. There are quite a few monster bears in these woods; including one that is off limits...

Pecan Crusted Walleye and Chicken Picatta

Pecan Crusted Walleye and Chicken Picatta
Tim Farmer's Country Kitchen
Head to Kelleys Island in Ohio with Tim and Nicki as they explore the sights, and do a little fishing for dinner! Bringing back some walleye from their trip...

View Online

© 2015, OutdoorHub LLC

Manage Subscription

debian-x@lists.debian.org is currently signed up to receive our emails.
OutdoorHub LLC, 30800 Telegraph Rd, Suite 4805, Bingham Farms, MI 48025 USA