Re: Upload xxv-intel 2.99.x to sid?

On 28/04/15 12:02, Vincent Cheng wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Now that jessie is out and the freeze is over, would anyone object if
> I were to upload xserver-xorg-video-intel from experimental to sid
> now? 3.0 is supposed to be an "imminent release" [1] anyways.

Given that 2.21.x is completely unmaintained, and that the only relevant changes
from 2.21.15 to 2.99.901 [1] were SNA enabled by default (which upstream
considers ready and which can be reverted anyway) and XMir integration (which we
don't care about) I see no reason to withhold this upload any longer. It's not
like we're going to release Stretch with 2.21.x again, so the sooner we upload
it, the more testing it will get. FWIW I used it for several months without issues.

This sounds similar to Grub2 being at 2.02~beta2, or when it was at 1.99 for so
long.

Cheers,
Emilio

[1]