piglit test suite as part of X Strike Force?

I added an ITP (#761015) for the piglit test suite that is a project
on freedesktop.org. I also have the package in the new queue since
late September 2014:
https://ftp-master.debian.org/new/piglit_0~git20140926-4efb025-1.html

Would this be a package that the X team would be interested in adding
under the X team list of packages? I do want to upload new versions of
piglit, but it occurs to me that the X team might be interested in the
package for 2 reasons:
1. It is a freedesktop.org project
2. It could be used to regression test Mesa and X packages

The biggest issue with relying on piglit is that it is not officially
released. Issues are only addressed on master. Additionally, some
piglit developers also consider it a bad idea to package piglit since
it may lead to problem reports not reproduced with the latest master
piglit.

Thanks,

-Jordan