intel mesa gallium dri

Good Evening,

I was wondering about these 'different intel drivers'.
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/intel-dri-i915g/

I have been told that for certain intel cards they are much better than the current intel drivers.

I may be confused, apparently to test;

In order to check if you are using the Gallium3D driver: restart X, and then execute

glxinfo | grep OpenGL

and you should see "Gallium 0.4" on the second line. If it doesn't show up, you have a Sandy/Ivy Bridge Intel video card and this driver won't work for you.

So i was wondering if there was something similar for debian, or maybe i'm already using them and not able to tell?

Thanks for any input
Anthony