Upgrade xserver-xorg-video-intel ?

Hello fellow Debians,
is there any reason not to update xserver-xorg-video-intel to the latest
upstream? I haven't found any clue on why it has not been updated yet.

I've built 2.99.911 locally (based on the GBP GIT), and have been using
2.99.907 previously for more than two months. (Debian testing mostly)

Maybe I can help with testing, so far it went pretty stable for me. Only
some weird stuttering appears when changing the background light level
on my notebook.

Cheers
Markus

P.S. Please CC me, I'm not subscribed.