compiz...

hi,

i write to you to share my sadness: there is no compiz in wheezy...

for a time i have been on my tweaked xmonad... in the meanwhile i have tried archlinux, is quite faster (i wonder) and has compiz... and i felt how much i missed compiz... now i use both at the same time :D ... xmonad runs inside a "rigid" Xephyr window on the compiz widget layer, works like charm.

... but now i miss the debian stability, documentation packages, and familiarity (using debian since +/- 2000)... i can live with a bit of less performance but is harder without the ability to move, compiz is the nicest end user window manager i've tried, i find it "abnormal" that debian is missing this wonderful piece of software.

i do know that i could get some off-stable packages, but i was also getting ready to make a debian live cd (bootcd) to share my interface (keyboard oriented and well integrated) with others... and would like it to be as much as stable/main as possible.

that being said: debian, as a desktop here, is being held on quarantine in a virtual box util it gets compiz back (and keep slim, though i miss app.login) ... :P

i'm also quite aware that you would suggest that i make myself it's maintainer, but i already do my contribution to debian in other unofficial ways, i have not the skill nor inclination to package maintenance... just came to share my thoughts.

[ best wishes ] r.