no s3virge driver in Jessie

I'm trying to install Jessie on an old computer. I started with a snapshot CD
I downloaded earlier this month and managed to install the base system. The CD is
Debian GNU/Linux testing _Jessie_ - Official Snapshot Multi-architecture amd64/i386 NETINST #1 20131007-06:31

I've now added the following entries to /etc/apt/sources.list and am attempting to install
more packages.
    deb http://ftp.uk.debian.org/debian/ jessie main
    deb-src http://ftp.uk.debian.org/debian/ jessie main

I'm trying to install KDE and have noticed that the s3virge driver is missing.

In aptitude I selected the VESA driver for download and I've also downloaded outside aptitude
the following driver that is used by wheezy
http://ftp.uk.debian.org/debian/pool/main/x/xserver-xorg-video-s3virge/xserver-xorg-video-s3virge_1.10.4-5_i386.deb

Aptitude will be downloading for another hour or so. When it finishes
1)  Is the VESA driver likely to work ?
2)  Will I get better performance with the s3virge driver from wheezy ?

I've seen http://lists.debian.org/debian-x/2013/09/msg00439.html "Removing old unmaintained X drivers".
Can the removal of the s3virge driver from Jessie be reversed ?

Bruce