xserver-xorg-video-intel: Changes to 'refs/tags/2.7-rc1'

Tag '2.7-rc1' created by Carl Worth <cworth@cworth.org> at 2009-03-10 01:32 +0000

Intel 2.7 release candidate 1 (2.6.99.901)

Changes since xf86-video-i810-1.7.4:
Adam Jackson (12):
      Fix a thinko; would only inject the FP native mode if a mode list was already
      In I830xf86SortModes, catch cases where two modes are equal in only one
      Fix a braino in mode list pruning.
      Add model-specific tweaks for some funky 945GM boards.
      Expand the check for AOpen Mini-PC.
      i830_sdvo_mode_valid: Fix return values to match what we actually check.
      Don't touch pScrn->monitor->DDC directly.
      Fix Mac mini crash in DDC mode probe
      Quirk: No LVDS on Dell Studio Hybrid
      Limit CRT DAC speed better.
      Limit CRT DAC speed better.
      KMS: Wire up output DPMS.

Alan Coopersmith (8):
      Add Solaris to list of OS'es with agpgart in man page
      Add AM_PROG_CC_C_O to configure.ac
      Add *~ to .gitignore to skip emacs & patch backup files
      Clear compiler error: "void functions cannot return values"
      Fix builds without DRI
      Define DEFFILEMODE for OS'es that don't have it
      Man page typo fixes
      Remove xorgconfig & xorgcfg from See Also list in man page

Alan Hourihane (9):
      fix typo
      Fix a problem creating the I2C bus for the SDVOC
      Fix a build problem.
      Fix bug #9639, i810 XvMC needs linking against libdrm.
      Add some additional checks when XAA is enabled.
      Check for the PENDING message when reading the attached
      Update read_response to include the try on PENDING status
      Fix return status
      vendor is CARD8

Andreas Stawinoga (1):
      Samsung Q45 has no TV output

Bernhard Rosenkraenzer (1):
      UXA: Declare glyph cache picture as component-alpha when necessary.

Bill Nottingham (1):
      Quirk MSI IM-945GSE-A LVDS, TV outputs.

Brice Goglin (3):
      Bug #10515: Fix module version number with more than one digit per field.
      Fix typo in intel.man
      Define INTEL_VERSION_MAJOR/MINOR/PATCH using PACKAGE_VERSION_*

Bryce Harrington (7):
      Quirks from Ubuntu/Dell
      More quirks from ubuntu/dell
      More Pipe A force quirks
      Two more Dell quirks
      Add TV out quirk for HP Compaq nx6110
      PipeA quirk for Quanta/W251U (launchpad bug #244242)
      Pipe-A quirk for HP 2730p (bug #18852)

Carl Worth (44):
      Remove redundant i830WaitSync from i965_prepare_composite
      Use local structure for cc_state
      Use local structure for dest_surf_state
      Use local structure for src_surf_state
      Use local structure for mask_surf_state
      Use local structure for src_sampler_state and mask_sampler_state
      Use local structures for vs_state, sf_state, and wm_state
      Allow 965 composite acceleration to A8 destinations.
      Enumerate all possible cc_state objects
      Enumerate all possible src,mask sampler state pairs
      Enumerate all possible wm_state objects
      Associate one sf_state object with each sf_kernel
      Move VERTEX_BUFFERS setup from prepare_composite to composite
      Allow for multiple vertex buffers (though only use one for now)
      Use up to 256 separate vertex buffers
      Merge branch 'master' into drm-gem
      Add intel_statuspage to .gitignore
      Add OUT_RELOC macro and backing intel_batch_emit_reloc function
      Switch to using a buffer object for the vertex buffer
      Eliminate unnecessary flush from i965_composite
      Add call to intel_bufmgr_gem_enable_reuse
      Call DRM_I915_GEM_THROTTLE from I830BlockHandler
      Examine picture repeatType as well as repeat field.
      Add support for RepeatPad and RepeatReflect.
      Prefer repeatType field over using both repeat and repeatType.
      Fallback to software for RepeatNone with transformed RGB-only pictures.
      Revert "Fallback to software for RepeatNone with transformed RGB-only pictures."
      Rename default_color to border_color
      Document and use 'legacy' border color mode
      Disable frame buffer compression by default for GM965.
      Ignore intel_gtt binary
      Rename gen4_state_t to gen4_static_state_t
      Rename gen4_state_init to gen4_static_state_init
      Rename state_base_offset to static_state_offset in gen4_static_state_init
      Use consistent idiom for obtaining static_state
      Use buffer object for vertex buffer (in new gen4_dynamic_state)
      965: Move composite setup to new _emit_batch_header_for_composite
      Rename gen4_dynamic_state to gen4_vertex_buffer
      Unreference the vertex_buffer_bo in gen4_render_state_cleanup
      Use buffer objects for binding table and surface-state objects.
      i965: Add batch_flush_notify hook to create new vertex-buffer bo
      Don't smash fixed_mode if skip_panel_detect is set.
      Set vertex_buffer_bo to NULL after unreference.
      Increment version number to 2.6.99.901 for 2.7-rc1

Dan Nicholson (1):
      man: Put option defaults on separate indented line

Daniel Stone (3):
      Respect the srcdir.
      add missing files to fix distcheck
      i830: Fix timer leak

Dave Airlie (41):
      cleanup sDVO for device on C only
      correct height parameter in sdvo packet
      fix type 0 instead of O
      move sdvo output setting
      add sdvo capability reading support
      fixup I830SDVOGetActiveInputs to use return values not args
      ch7xxx: add lookup table for name
      Use correct variable to initialize DVO I2C bus.
      fix building with 7.1 server by hiding stuff inside RANDR_12_INTERFACE
      ch7xxx: fix output detection as per datasheet, have no DVI to test this.
      ch7xxx: actually power up the chip around connection detection
      add XMODES flags to the i2c drivers
      fixup brace alignment for older X.org
      fixup missing assert includes
      make warning info only so ppl don't go reporting stupid bugs
      disable all outputs on EnterVT
      i810: be a bit more verbose about disabling DRI
      sdvo: add support for RGB outputs on SDVO
      intel: don't try and use TTM memory manager with old libdrm interface
      intel: actually 2.3.1 should be good enough
      intel: oops I commited pixman local workaround - undo it
      strip out remainder of drmmm code in driver
      i965: fix memcpy of the sf_kernel when a mask is needed
      i965: increase composite vertex buffer size and alignment to be safe
      intel: don't setup texOffsetStart unless using EXA
      i915: add support for render to a8
      intel: make block handler hook happen no matter what video is in use
      ivch: fails on address mismatch as I seem to get this on my 865 system
      fixup pciaccess version detect
      quirk: add DVO ivch quirk
      [gem] remove one more unused bit
      intel: fix drm check.
      mode: fix missing comma
      Default kernel mode setting to off, add configure flag to enable
      uxa: don't call composite routines with no buffer.
      modeset: fix xf86CrtcRotate API change across server versions
      modeset: transformPresent is a new API member
      exa: fix map gtt call to use current API
      intel: don't call enter/leave VT for KMS enabled systems
      intel/kms: disable overlay when it needs physical address
      intel: fix DRI2 should be DRI_DRI2

Dave Mueller (1):
      Bug #11171: Add support for the Ti TFP410 DVO TMDS transmitter.

David Schleef (2):
      Bug #15219: Fix default overlay CSC factors, and use BT709 if available.
      Bug #17277: fix upscaling limit

Dmitry Babrovich (1):
      Bug #12457: Let the ch7xxx driver probe the 7301

Eamon Walsh (2):
      Remove unused exa_pixmap_key.
      Change uxa private keys to integer variables.

Emilio Scalise (1):
      patch to control mergedfb options, bug #9664

Eric Anholt (734):
      Initial add of native CRT modesetting code.
      Move .cvsignore to .gitignore
      Add the manpage's possible names when generated.
      Change an if statement to a more obvious but equivalent case statement.
      Add untested save/restore code, and starting on not using VBEValidateModes
      Replace a few magic numbers with symbolic names. Reviewed by md5.
      Always ErrorF output debugging info when doing BIOS calls, including file/line.
      Remove more VBE stuff and start using xf86ValidateModes. Guessed some params to
      Remove the hacked local xf86SetModeCRTC now that xf86SetCrtcForModes is taking
      Add adjustments of PLL divisor limits for "Almador".
      Add untested CRT detection code.
      Write the ADPA (CRTC) register on mode setup. Obtained from airlied.
      Move LVDS panel power state setting to a separate function, and reduce magic
      Enable -Wall on GCC, and do a cleanup of existing warnings.
      Re-disable chatty debug code.
      Disable I830VESASetVBEMode on restore, since I've removed that code. Note that
      Clean up a couple of warnings.
      Start making i830SetMode aware of multiple pipes.
      Replace I830VESASetMode with simpler i830SetMode, which is all native and
      Start implementing support for setting modes for multiple output devices,
      Correct capitalization of i830SetMode.
      Move display base setting to a separate function and use it from both mode setup
      It appears from the specs that you have to wait for vblank after disabling the
      Use DISPPLANE_32BPP_NO_ALPHA for depth 24, else the empty alpha channel results
      Fix prototype for i830DetectCRT.
      Turn off panel power before poking pipe B, and turn it back on if we're doing
      Include config.h, fixing many issues with reading from pI830.
      Remove some dead VBE code.
      Change the order of reg writes for restore, possibly increasing chances of
      Add more integrated LVDS support code.
      Add some untested debugging code to for helping figure out VT switch issues.
      Add missed save/restore of DSP*SIZE registers.
      Make the reg-snapshot code work, add a couple more registers, and use it on VT
      Add a couple more bits to panel auto-fitting, though it isn't working yet.
      Move the PFIT enabling before the enabling of the pipe, as the specs say we
      Add some register information for VGACNTRL, and do the reg-debug thing on it.
      Add enough of airlied's DDC/I2C work to pull EDID info from my CRT.
      Update to newer airlied DDC code, and do some cleanups as well. Now tries DDC
      Save/restore a couple of important VGA plane registers, and have vgahw
      Start interpreting VBT information with the goal of pulling out LVDS timings
      Add more VBT reading, so we find the panel size.
      Make auto panel fitting work by pulling LVDS timing EDID info out of the static
      Remove some VBE DDC code that I believe is OBE.
      Port code from radeon driver for panel mode validation, which will hopefully get
      Fill in clock information from VBT table, so that a good clock value gets
      Clean up (and I believe fix a couple of bugs in) the divisor selection code.
      Remove more BIOS modesetting stuff.
      Remove the now-unused displaySize and pipeDisplaySize.
      Remove more BIOS stuff, particularly Get/SetDisplayDevices. Now, if there's no
      Remove the hacky-looking Set640x480. I'll be removing things it depends on
      Turn off the VGA plane when we're setting our native modes.
      Remove BIOS save/restore code, fixing VT switching. Removes some other dead
      Don't try to use LVDS by default on chipsets that won't have an LVDS attached.
      Warnings cleanup.
      Remove the int10 POST on EnterVT.  It has been reported to cause crashes now,
      Improve LVDS modes when outputting a CRT+LVDS combo at larger than the LVDS's
      Add missing MIT copyright licenses, which should have been on all versions.
      Automatically enable clone mode if we detect two active outputs.
      Initial support for pre-i915 PLL programming. Untested.
      Check for LVDS BIOS tables exactly once at startup.  While there, dump the BIOS
      Add a standalone program for parsing VBT.
      Bug #6589: Use alternate offsets to successfully get at the panel data for
      Disable the BIOS dump-to-file since it's a trivial local DOS, and I can just ask
      Remove some dead code and one particularly useless debug printf.
      Use the IS_I9XX macro intead of >= i915G, since by PCI ID number, 855GM > 915.
      Start bringing in some SDVO code, mostly from airlied.
      Add more SDVO code.  It's taken from airlied's driver, but with magic numbers
      Whine if SDVO I2C device init fails, rather than be silent.
      Clean up SDVO initialization, include config.h, and make it check the right
      Merge branch 'lukas-resume'
      Simplify the i2c code by using the GetBits/PutBits interface rather than
      Set displayWidth to a sufficient value for the modes we come up with for LVDS.
      Start trying to implement DDC over SDVO.  It's slightly tricky because the
      Only write out as many arguments as the commands need, and fix up the numbers in
      Clean up some argument passing, and remove extra SetTarget{In,Out}Puts that had
      Start trying to save/restore SDVO state on VT switches.
      Save/restore the output's SDVO reg.  Note that we might be programming the other
      Correct some SDVO-related register definitions.
      Commit what applied from Jesse Barnes's i830-exa-latest.patch.
      Get it to compile.
      Update to EXA 2.0 API.
      Stop doing the BIOS memory size tweaking now that we don't ask the BIOS about
      Use xf86int10Addr() when calculating an address to read the video BIOS from, out
      Merge branch 'master' into modesetting
      Fix DRI in EXA mode: Don't attempt to use XAA symbols (use the driver's internal
      Fix crash with EXA during randr, when XAA structures were being accessed.  EXA
      Add debugging info for pipe/display plane size.
      Remove dead DisplayInfo option.
      Add CRT detection function by testing for load, and clean up hotplug version.
      Add support for CRT detection using DDC.
      Only default to enabling CRT or LVDS output if they're actually detected.
      Add #if 0-ed code I've been using for CRT detection debugging.
      Merge branch 'modesetting-origin' into modesetting
      Add decoding of SDVO command names for debug output.
      Fix SDVO output at low pixel clocks.
      Detect SDVO display presence at startup and default to displaying to it, too.
      Move FP mode validation next to other mode validation code.
      Split probed modes out per pipe, and union them into the available modes.
      WIP to allow re-probing and validation of modes for new heads at "xrandr" time.
      Major cleanup of mode reprobing:
      Unset pipe current mode on EnterVT, so we reprogram the mode for sure.
      Fix DDC probing after last (untested) commit.
      Add a function to turn off unused outputs, DPLLs, planes, and pipes.
      Fix FP scaling by using the desired mode to get at the real [HV]Display.
      Fix the plane/pipe disabling and turn off missing outputs when no longer DDCed.
      Merge branch 'master' into modesetting
      Clean up warnings.
      Fix build with new EXA headers.
      Merge branch 'master' into exa
      Fix remaining warning.
      Fix randr current mode reporting and mode loss/mis-configuration on re-randr.
      If the panel power registers are all zeroes on Mobile parts, disable LVDS.
      Replace xf86ValidateModes usage with a set of custom validators and pruning.
      Validate and insert user and VESA standard modes for DDC or configured fallback.
      Replace i830InjectModes with i830DuplicateModes usage.
      Only override display size with the XFree86 mode's for actual panel scaling.
      Bug #7375: Don't double-free the current XF86 mode after a randr reprobe.
      More fixes to "choose closest mode for the pipe" code to select correct refresh.
      Don't try to probe modes on an SDVO device with NULL sdvo_drv.
      Initial add of DVO support code.  Probes my sil164.
      Improve output bus setup to include LVDS setup for pre-i915.
      Supply proper NULL-terminated symbol lists to avoid crashing.
      Merge branch 'dvo-merge' into modesetting
      Fix validation when the first mode is thrown out, and print hsync in modelines.
      Fix modelist with a configured monitor to not begin with all unvalidated modes.
      Make DVO code light up my sil164-based DVI output, when already set up by BIOS.
      Move to 4-space indents in sil164.
      Fix prototype for SaveRegs.
      Hook up SiI164 mode setting (just a matter of turning the chip on).
      Clean up warnings in sil164 module.
      Fix crash with DDC when there are no user modes to add.
      Bug #7443: Respect the user's Modes configuration, and make it more useful.
      Avoid NULL dereference if cursor position changes during a mode change.
      Don't try to probe on more pipes than we really have.
      Add a register restore implementation so we don't crash on LeaveVT.
      Bug #7404: Only save/restore VGA fonts and not other VGA regs.
      Merge branch 'master' into exa
      Replace hand register setting with new i915 fragmet program API.
      Correct the DWORD count of several 3D instructions.
      The map bits per pixel must come from the drawable, not the visible screen.
      Add a trailing MI_NOOP to frag shader output for alignment if necessary.
      Force texture alpha channels to 1 if not present.
      Fix the alignment padding fix (didn't bump BEGIN_LP_RING count).
      Fix the texture map pitch setting as documented, and as used by the 3d driver.
      The height and width of texture maps are one more than the programmed values.
      The vertex data are all floats, so write the dest coords as floats.
      The pixmap's drawable x/y coordinates are always 0, so don't bother using them.
      Try to fix up the basic RepeatNormal and RepeatNone support.
      Move ss6 setting with other immediate state, and ensure that stencil is off.
      Use MT_8BIT_A8 so PICT_a8 expands to (0,0,0,a) not (a,a,a,a)
      Disable drawing to PICT_a8, and turn on support for non-extended repeats.
      Replace some OUT_RING(0)s with OUT_RING(MI_NOOP) to remind me why they're there.
      Oops, partial revert of last commit.  Some were obviously not NOOPS.
      Fix a couple of typos from code review.
      Fix hangs when compositing with a mask.
      Limit drawing to the destination pixmap's boundaries, not the screen's.
      Whitespace cleanup.
      Move MAPSURF_XBIT settings into the texture formats structure.
      Remove a debug printf.
      Remove the UTS/DFS implementations that just match the fallback versions.
      Re-remove xf86_ansic.h, and move copyright to the top of the file.
      Remove another debug printf.
      Merge branch 'exa-origin' into exa
      Remove xf86_ansic.h usage.
      Replace duplicated sync code in exa with a call to I830Sync.
      Replace a couple of mis-uses of the screen's bpp when the pixmap's was needed.
      Add a note on maxX/maxY for the 2D rendering.
      Add a compile flag to enable syncing after each operation in EXA.
      shader program fix for component alpha set
      Remove empty SAVERESTORE_HWSTATE code.
      Remove unused display{Attached,Present} fields.
      Remove the no-longer-connected VBERestore option.
      Remove the GetDevicePresence BIOS call which just printed BIOS information.
      Remove some dead code related to clock ranges.
      Restructure i830_bios.c so we don't leak a copy of the BIOS per generation.
      Attempt to make the ACPI hotkey support a little more modesetting-compatible.
      Merge branch 'acpi-hotkey' into modesetting
      Merge branch 'randr-1.2' into modesetting
      Re-disable broken load-based CRT detection.
      Merge branch 'master' into modesetting
      Move cursor base address register setting to a separate function.
      Move the save, restore, and DPMS per-output settings to per-output files.
      Give each output type an init method in its file, making other methods static.
      Remove checks for output privates in various bits of code.
      Move per-output mode setting code to per-output methods.
      Add a function for describing the output connection configuration.
      Fix LVDS restore path, and move pipe assignment for outputs to the right place.
      Only disable the output when marked disabled.
      Add a per-output mode-valid method.
      Add work-in-progress integrated TV-out support.
      Merge branch 'overhaul' into modesetting
      Clean up SDVO code, moving the private structure internal and cleaning up caps.
      Nuke trailing whitespace in SDVO code not already cleaned up.
      Clean up the SDVO code.
      Move LVDS initialization and blacklisting damage to the LVDS support file.
      Remove disabled I830DetectMonitorChange().
      Remove dead memsize reporting.
      Move vbeInfo out of the driver struct to the one place it's used.
      Don't write unused values beyond the end of scale_units array.
      Note alignment requirement for i915 3D (texturing).
      Major cleanup of 3D invariant state, fixing hangs with rotation and render.
      Clean up whitespace in i830_randr.c.
      Return and use valid status bits for i830_sdvo_get_trained_inputs().
      Use the new fields for SDVO pixel multiply on the G965.
      Remove SetPipeAccess and now-unnecessary VBE reinit.
      Warning fix.
      Remove GetBIOSVersion().
      Remove some dead code from BIOS modesetting.
      Fix many inconsistencies in the SDVO code compared to the spec.
      i830SetLVDSPanelPower is now a static function in i830_lvds.c, so remove it.
      Move SDVOB_PRESERVE_MASK next to SDVOC_PRESERVE_MASK.
      Move output connection detection to a per-output method.
      Connect output detection up to RandR.
      Add compat definitions for M_T_PREFERRED and M_T_DRIVER for older X Servers.
      Give each output a get_modes function and expose those modes through RandR.
      Update for the move of RandR phyiscal size information.
      Move mode lists from per-pipe to per-output.
      Attempt to pull monitor physical size information out of DDC EDID data.
      Remove the refresh rate appended to some mode names.
      Remove dead VESARec struct.
      Remove dead specifiedMonitor field.
      Add airlied's I2C code, ifdeffed out.
      Remove duplicated register defs that were just added.
      Fix a pasteo in I965 register restore.
      Don't memset the modes pointer on init, which was dereferencing NULL.
      Print out modelines as info, not error (which had been used for debugging).
      Add support for load-based CRT detection.
      Merge branch 'modesetting-origin' into modesetting
      Report pipe status (and status mismatches) in i830DescribeOutputConfiguration()
      Move PFIT_CONTROL disable for G965 up before post_set_mode.
      Restore PFIT_CONTROL before turning the LVDS back on in the restore method.
      Fix i830DisableUnusedFunctions after pipe structure change.
      Clean up i830_crt_detect_load() a bit more.
      Change the output and pipe "is it on/off" field name to "enabled".
      Expose the DDC-probed EDID data as the EDID_DATA output property.
      Fill in some of the high bits of mode timings for SDVO.
      Fix clock range for single-channel LVDS.
      Disable setup of the second SDVO device until we fix it.
      Enable the LVDS if we find it and assign it to a pipe (oops).
      Replace broken PCI resource size detection with pciGetBaseSize() call.
      Merge branch 'master' into modesetting
      Merge branch 'modesetting-origin' into modesetting
      Merge branch 'modesetting' into crestline
      Merge branch 'crestline-origin' into crestline
      Merge branch 'modesetting-origin' into crestline
      Enable TV output on Crestline (untested).
      Re-indent ch7xxx driver.
      Reduce the severity of many informational log messages.
      Postpone SDVO DDC bus creation until we've detected the SDVO device.
      Replace custom DDC mode list code with a copy of the X Server's.
      Remove printing of the XFree86 screen mode list, and some other detritus.
      sparse cleanups (use NULL instead of 0 for pointers)
      Conditionally compile old-server compatibility code in.
      Revert "Don't allocate stuff in the first 256K of video memory (GATT?)"
      Properly detect the GTT size on the G965.
      Merge branch 'exa' of ../xf86-video-intel into modesetting
      Add debug code for the bit-banging I2C implementation.
      Preserve some GPIO bits that the docs tell us to.
      Tristate the clock/data pins during GPIO when released while getting values.
      Add the [ax]4r4g4b4 source picture formats.
      Don't try to write the read-only PP_STATUS register.
      Fix copy'n'paste-o from restructure-outputs that resulted in crashes.
      WIP code to move mode set sequencing to XFree86 handlers.
      Move reg dump from i830PipeSetMode to after we set up the modes with RandR.
      Add a bunch of per-register debug code to i830DumpRegs().
      Merge branch 'modesetting-origin' into modesetting
      Fix copy'n'paste-o of the ordering of h/v fields in DSP[AB]SIZE.
      Fix ordering of PIPE[AB]SRC debug output to be (x, y).
      Fix LVDS fixed mode code after generic-mode-set.
      Add missing newlines to new debug output.
      More LVDS fixed mode fixing: use the EDID DTD's blank length.
      Fix LVDS: Don't change bits in LVDS other than port enable/pipe select.
      Merge branch 'generic-mode-set' into modesetting
      Save/restore more TV registers.
      Remove stale i830_tv_pre_set_mode. Replaced by generic dpms hook call.
      Save/restore registers around calls in PreInit with register side-effects.
      Reduce dumpregs to X startup, after a mode set, and LeaveVT.
      Harmless warning fix.
      Include render.h to get SubPixelUnknown define.
      Add error messages for previous silent DRI initialization failures.
      Remove dead remnants of old clone mode support.
      Remove remnants of old savedCurrentMode hack.  Man, that was gross.
      Move the overlay mode switch status updates to when we enable/disable crtcs.
      Add a hack for DDC on my Mac Mini.
      More debugging output for SDVO.
      Set the SDVO port to on before sending the SDVO output on command.
      Move PrintErrorState and CheckInheritedErrors code to i830_debug.c.
      Extend the error state reporting to cover ESR and decode PGTBL_ERR for 945.
      Move the SDVO sync detection to after we've turned the port on.
      Flush the plane changes in i830_crtc_dpms()
      Fix mac mini SDVO output: write the SDVO[BC] enabled register state twice.
      Replace custom, partially broken DPMS implementation with a generic one.
      Correct typo in mac mini hack, and return modes when the hack is unnecessary.
      Add some caution with PCI write posting and DPLL delays to i830_crtc_dpms.
      Add magic double-write of the dpll register to fix mac mini cold boot.
      Bug #8786: Treat pictures with no color data as non-component alpha.
      Move the ch7xxx code to the style I've been settling on for output code.
      Add save/restore to ch7xxx to avoid segfaults on server start.
      Fix DVO mode valid function to not throw out all modes.
      Clean up a bunch of log noise from ch7xxx startup.
      Align the driver to the CH7009[AB] spec.
      Limit modes to 165Mhz on CH7009, according to spec.
      Clean up i2c_vid interface, including de-StudlyCapsing and removing dead code.
      Fix crash in xf86SetScrnInfoModes when pScrn->modes ends up empty.
      Add a detect() function for DVO chips, and implement it on sil164.
      Simplify i830DisableUnusedFunctions() by using the CRTC dpms routines.
      Disable configure-disabled outputs before mode setting.
      Only erase curMode in i830DisableUnusedFunctions when the CRTC is disabled.
      Remove 8k framebuffer stride restriction on 965.
      Bug #9382: Save the CRTC's desired mode in the old RandR 1.0 mode set path.
      Bug #7524: Major improvements to EXA/XAA static memory allocation.
      Move 965 textured-video out to a separate file.
      reformat i965_video.c to 4-space indents, 80 columns, no trailing whitespace.
      Replace XAA mark/waitsyncs with the XAA/EXA wrappers.
      Make the assert() in i965_video.c actually work and expose an error.
      Bump the size of the extra space for 965 so it actually fits.
      Fix discrepancy between XAA/EXA linear allocations that broke EXA XV.
      debugging for location of various 965 textured-video state.
      Fix operator precedence issue that stuck 965 t-v state into the front buffer.
      Remove the nasty #define away of ErrorF in i830_video.c.
      Move dvo driver detection into i830_dvo_init(), and use GPIOB for LVDS drivers.
      Reformat the DVO drivers table to be a bit more normal style.
      Add WIP IVCH (i82807aa) driver.
      Add WIP CH7017 LVDS driver.  This is disconnected because it's untested.
      Draw textured video to the backing pixmap in the composited case.
      In EXA mode, force backing pixmaps into memory when doing XV to them.
      Remove 8MB/32MB default VideoRam limits.
      Relax tiling requirements on G965.
      Add per-CRTC gamma control support for RandR.
      Replace broken PCI resource size detection with pciGetBaseSize() call.
      Correct typo resulting in a crash with ivch.  = != ==.
      EXA: Wait for sync before we set up new state in our static state buffers.
      Correct x/y/pitch limitations in several cases, and detail them in i830_exa.c.
      Don't limit cachelines to a vertical of 2048, and increase default allocation.
      Bug #8845: Unify all our XV ports to 1920x1088 maximum size.
      Restore legacy overlay size limits, due to card hangs at larger sizes.
      EXA: Use PRIM3D_RECTLIST instead of TRIFAN so we don't get diagonal tearing.
      Add a settable backlight property for LVDS.
      Set all CRTCs' allowable rotations when xf86RandR12SetRotations() is called.
      Fix some segfaults: crtc->rotatedPixmap not set and dangling damage pointer.
      Allocate per-crtc rotation buffers and hook up RandR 1.2 per-CRTC rotation.
      Fix broken last-minute change in determining whether we're rotated or not.
      Merge branch 'modesetting' into modesetting-rotation
      Store fixed values, not integers, in the transformation matrix.
      Disable the clipping for now, since it won't work.
      Update CRTC values first so they can be used by the driver in mode setting.
      Fix transformation matrices for rotation at 90 and 270 degrees.
      Partially deal with cursor rotation.
      Allocate separate cursor memory per CRTC and rotate cursors appropriately.
      Replace the custom SaveScreen function with a generic function calling DPMS.
      Warning fix.
      Fix a possible failure to misalign video allocation in XAA.
      Make rotated shadow buffer allocation dynamic.
      Bug #9680: Remove bogus blank length limiting in xf86SetModeCrtc().
      Remove dead code to undo the damage of xf86SetModeCrtc() blank limiting.
      Restore a few important lines from 89ace3e81fe72075b1709b073c05532f13b7f0d1
      Simplify EXA acceleration transform handling.
      Fix accelerated Render transformations.
      Add an accelerated path for rotation Render operations in XAA.
      Remove custom accelerated rotation code now that it's all done through Render.
      Move the render code to non-EXA-specific filenames.
      Naming and formatting cleanup in Render acceleration code.
      Fix copy-and-paste-o in the render code cleanup that broke XAA.
      Sync before overwriting Render acceleration state on the 965.
      Bug #9819: Add two headers that are apparently necessary on older X Servers.
      Remove some more dead options.
      Improve register debugging output.
      Fix bad offsets in "right" rotation of the CRTC in cursor and update handling.
      Add subpixel offsets to fix accelerated rotated rendering on i915.
      Fix comments on 965 pitch alignment restrictions.
      Remove dead #if 0-ed structure.
      Attempt to detect panel fixed mode from EDID or current programmed mode.
      Merge branch 'modesetting-origin' into modesetting
      Fix double free in the case of LVDS disabled through quirks.
      Bug #9941: ViewSonic VX2025wm sync polarity quirk to fix mode distortion.
      Switch the RECTLIST vertex order to (x2, y2), (x1, y2), (x1, y1).
      Detect core clock frequencies, to avoid double-wide mode when possible.
      Print the correct meaning of bit 30 of pipeconf for 965 in debug output.
      Reformat to 4-space indents, no trailing whitespace, and 80 columns.
      Rework the video memory allocation.
      Fix fence allocations on 965.
      Move memory allocation to ScreenInit rather than PreInit.
      Improve logging of memory allocation passes, and clean the code up a bit.
      Always allocate logical_context, since we use it in emitting invariants.
      Fix a crash in startup monitor detect.
      Fix some texture memory allocation issues.
      Fix physical memory allocations, including description in log.
      Bug #9604: Align the sizes of allocations to page increments as well.
      Move the initial EnterVT to after we've set up acceleration.
      Fix XV issues on 965 after the allocation rework
      Consolidate shared structure allocation to the start of ScreenInit.
      Many fixes to mode_get, mode_set, clock limits, and register dumps on i855.
      Add a non-installed command line tool using libpciaccess to dump registers.
      Actually add the files for reg_dumper.
      Fix a crash when an ARGB cursor allocation had failed.
      Move EXA offscreen memory back after framebuffer to avoid fallbacks.
      Add a WIP UploadToScreen implementation.  This almost displays right.
      Add a little BIOS dumper program.
      Use -f for ln of server source. Otherwise, changing paths didn't take effect.
      Fix a crash with XAA and DRI disabled after the allocation rework.
      Merge branch 'modesetting'
      Merge branch 'modesetting' into crestline
      Fix 965GM SDVO by not setting fields in SDVO[BC] which have new meanings.
      Continue to allocate the legacy texture pool by default.
      Make the depth buffer X tiled instead of Y, and fix a Y tiling nit on 945.
      Remove leftover code that was disabling tiling after we set it up.
      Bug #9898: Fix a crash with NoAccel set.
      Bug #10157: Fix cursor corruption on server regen.
      Make the 965 use Y-major tiling for the depth buffer, as required by the spec.
      Fix uninitialized string use in SDVO non-TMDS case.
      Add write posting protections to relevant register writes in the mode-set path.
      Replace #if 0ed LVDS register setting with updated comment.
      Add write posting protection for the SDVO DPMS-on path.
      Add PCI write posting protection to i2c putbits.
      Use a POSTING_READ(reg) macro instead of using the (void)INREG(reg) pattern.
      Get SDVO DPMS working on the Mac Mini by writing SDVOB and SDVOC together.
      Refine the i855 LVDS clock code.  In particular, p2 is always 14.
      Bump to 1.9.92 for RC2.
      Fix sparse warnings about using 0 for NULL.
      Don't reload the cursors if we haven't set up the screen yet.
      Fix crashes and other failures when a cursor allocation fails.
      Fix compile failure due to needed types being in inttypes.h on Linux.
      Add the (afaict) correct ch7017 I2C slave address.
      Move vendor ID check in the utils to after pci_device_probe.
      Add debug output for ADPA.
      Print the mode actually being set per pipe.
      Set the CURSOR_SIZE register when present.
      Attempt to fix single/dual-channel issues on i9xx LVDS panels.
      Merge branch 'master' into crestline
      Set the panel fitter to the right pipe on Crestline.
      Whitespace and symbolic reg names cleanup in i830_panel_fitter_pipe().
      Update manpage to remove Rotate option and point at xorg.conf instead.
      Power on the LVDS B-channel pairs only when we've chosen dual-channel mode.
      Update .gitignore.
      Bump version to 1.9.93 for 2.0RC3.
      Merge branch 'master' of git+ssh://git.freedesktop.org/git/xorg/driver/xf86-video-intel
      Whitespace cleanup in Makefile.
      Add missing file for old server compatibility build.
      Don't forget the warnings CFLAGS in subdirectories.
      Finish off some function renaming that was missed before.
      Warnings cleanup in ch7xxx.
      Remove long-stale TODO file.
      Update README source for new release notes.
      Move a bunch of debugging verbosity under Option "ModeDebug".
      Move README to being a plain old text file.
      Bump version to 1.9.94 for 2.0 RC4.
      It's 2007 now.  Didn't I get the memo?
      Avoid a magic number and correct a (currently harmless) ifdef in ResetState().
      Turn off ALWAYS_SYNC in EXA.
      Don't use extended regexps in sed when not necessary.
      Bug #10520: i810 manpage not installed despite users expecting it to be there.
      Add license headers to 965 programs.
      Bug #10438: Fix 965 XV when sourcing from less than the full image.
      Add all the possible ivch slave addresses (still commented out).
      Fix i852 EXA Composite acceleration setup.
      Don't try to init the XAA linear region unless we allocated memory for it.
      Disable some clock gating functions documented to work incorrectly.
      Allow physical-memory allocations within stolen memory.
      Ignore VideoRam now that its original purpose is obsolete.
      Fix typo in previous commit with s/XF86_DRI/XF86DRI/
      Make the DVO output name LVDS if it's an LVDS chip.
      Add DVO[ABC] register debugging.
      Disable non-working GTT decoding on i830, and fix map/unmap of GTT.
      Make up a fixed panel timing for DVO LVDS, and use DVOA for DVO LVDS.
      Fix typo s/i/index/ in LoadPalette for depth 16.
      Disable vblank interrupts when no DRI clients are running.
      Disable vblank interrupts when no DRI clients are running.
      Add a fixup to LVDS panel mode detection for 1280x768 panel from text mode.
      Expand manpage description of outputs supported.
      Remove README statement that 830M panels are unsupported.
      Fix misplaced merge of 1280x768 panel fixup.
      Clean up some nits in i915_video.c setup.
      Fix a typo in _3DSTATE_DEPTH_SUBRECT_DISABLE definition.
      Replace failure-prone configure test for fresh libdrm with a simple ifndef.
      Fix context switching between DRI and X.
      On hang, dump up to the head pointer, not just up to the tail.
      Revert "Replace failure-prone configure test for fresh libdrm with a simple ifndef."
      Improve the drm_i915_flip_t check.
      Fix and enable the 915-class planar textured video path.
      Bug #11295: Disable textured video on i915 with framebuffer width too large.
      Move the ivch's fixed panel mode support to i830_dvo.c for other LVDS drivers.
      Bug #11365: Disable the panel fitter unless it's needed for the chosen mode.
      Fix reversed LVDS dither enabling logic on GM965.
      Update documentation and bump driver version to 2.1.0.
      Fix some physical address handling for >4GB addresses.
      When TTM is available, use it instead of manual AGP allocations when possible.
      Use new drmBOSetPin interface instead of NO_EVICT/NO_MOVE buffers.
      Use the dontMapFramebuffer option available with DRIINFO 5.4.
      Delay the first screen pixmap update to CreateScreenResources.
      Pin some buffer objects at creation time, which can't be moved yet.
      Mark DRI buffers as shareable, and pass their buffer handles through the SAREA.
      Quirk away the nonexistent TV connector on the Panasonic CF-Y4.
      Add the file mode for bios_dumper output so it doesn't have 000 permissions.
      Fix accumulated whitespace nits in i830_exa.c
      Fix EXA rendering with tiled front buffer on pre-965.
      Merge branch 'origin'
      Bug #11593: Remove dead struct vch_bdb_20 which was angering the sun compiler.
      Attempt to fix several front buffer tiling failure cases.
      Fix stack-smashing in the last commit.
      Don't force tiling on if it is disabled in configuration but fbc is possible.
      Add #if 0-ed fence debugging code.  It's noisy, and of little use to most.
      Merge branch 'master' into buffer-objects
      Add tiling information to BO layout description.
      Use i830_memory.c instead of the AA's allocator for XV buffers.
      Replace AA allocator usage with i830_memory.c for RandR rotation.
      Tune acceleration architecture allocator sizes down.
      Merge remote branch 'origin/master' into buffer-objects
      Merge branch 'buffer-objects'
      Remove logic for supporting i915tex_dri.so vs. i915_dri.so.
      Disable TV/VGA output on the CH7017/7018 devices.
      Enable CH7017/7018 DVO driver by default.
      Suppress I2C failure error messages during DVO device detection.
      Remove more DVO probing noise.
      Restore building of pciaccess-based tools even if the server doesn't use it.
      Fix probing of the sample CH7017 device I found by allowing GPIO overrides.
      Bring the CH7017 driver closer to spec.
      Fix formatting of error message.
      Warning cleanup.
      Don't leak buffer object allocations in i830_reset_allocations().
      Revert setting of exa_965_state as LIFETIME_FIXED.
      Don't set overlay registers LIFETIME_FIXED. It always uses the current offset.
      Replace setting of LIFETIME_FIXED on cursors with just updating the offsets.
      Fix potential use-after-free in XV overlay code on video stop.
      In i830_allocate_memory_bo, bind if we control the VT, not on lifetime-fixed.
      Refuse to allocate LIFETIME_FIXED objects in buffer objects.
      Move drmMMLock to after we have unbound our (pinned) buffers.
      Rework DRI buffer mappings and sarea setup to allow for moving buffers.
      Delay SAREA and mapping setup until EnterVT when using the memory manager.
      Allow front/back/depth to move over the lifetime of the server.
      Move tiling fence register setup to bind time instead of allocate time.
      Update memory manager sizing for the current set of LIFETIME_FIXED bufffers.
      Don't double-free the memory manager allocation.
      Use mprotect on unbound AGP memory to attempt to catch use while unbound.
      Fix failure in tiling setup on non-power-of-two allocations on pre-965.
      In update_front_offset(), set pScrn->fbOffset even at EnterVT during init.
      Bump pciaccess version requirement for  new API usage.
      Add some nickle scripts for looking at PLL issues.
      Warn in the log if we choose a PLL clock that's way out of line.
      In the clock graph, draw the VCO as erasures in the lines representing clocks.
      Fix typo in my hand-application of rglowery's patch.
      Bug #12059: Add ch7019 to the list of supported devices for ch7017.
      Remove extra have_libpciaccess=no that broke tools build with old servers.
      Add detail on different units to intel_idle.
      Add a little program to output the stepping information for several chipsets.
      Fix SDVO I2C access on Mac Mini in EFI mode.
      Avoid setting reserved bits in SDVOx on everything 965-class.
      Add support for brightness control to i915 textured video output.
      Cleanse DVO drivers of CARD* types.
      Remove i830+ driver's use of CARD*/INT* types for great justice.
      Nuke more CARD* types from i810 driver.  Untested.
      Separate i810 and i830 ring macros out into separate files.
      Eliminate local variables defined in i830 BEGIN_LP_RING().
      Add workarounds for 830/845's lack of a8/x8r8g8b8/x8b8g8r8 support.
      Remove h0h0 UploadToScreen implementation that used pattern blits.
      Change OUT_RING and similar calls to OUT_BATCH for batchbuffer merge
      Disable a bunch of clock gating disables on IGD_GM, which doesn't need them.
      Revert "Use mprotect on unbound AGP memory to attempt to catch use while unbound."
      Fix 965+ rendering issues with DRI disabled.
      Add a "total" field to intel_idle output (set when any unit is busy).
      Add SDVO TV-out registers.
      Add WIP SDVO TV-out support.
      SDVO: Handle RGB outputs that are really TV outputs, and select a TV format.
      SDVO: Fix mixups with input and output channels.
      SDVO: Use the TV reference clock for SDVO TV outputs.
      SDVO: Fix lols TV mode list handling.
      SDVO: Set adjusted_mode in mode_fixup from the preferred input timings for TV.
      SDVO: Rename output_dtd variable to input_dtd, which is its new job.
      Add dolt to speed up compile time and reduce insanity.
      Keep static copies of the 965 render programs in video memory.
      Add copyright information for recent editors of this file.
      Statically allocate the sampler default color, which we never change.
      Fix compiler warning from 24-bit lvds change.
      Fix the offset to sampler default color, and a compiler warning.
      Rename some variables in i965_render.c for clarity.
      Make the VS unit state static for 965 render.
      Move the 965 static variables local to the function they're used in.
      Move the binding table for 965 to the state structure.
      Move the vertex buffer to the state structure as well.
      Abstract surface setup into a separate function.
      Update dolt from git, fixing fallback to libtool.
      Make the binding table and surface state be arrays to reduce syncing.
      Add initial GEM hacks to bring the server up.
      Bug #15807: Fix use of the ring while VT-switched, hit by fast user switching.
      Add i915 support to intel_idle.
      Formatting fixes for intel_idle.
      [gem] Reduce console spam from debugging.
      [gem] Note if pinning a buffer fails.
      Just remove the mprotect kludge.
      Replace a couple of wait-for-ring-idles with a single function to do so.
      Move DSPARB setup into a separate function, and save/restore it at VT switch.
      Remove duplicated i830_stop_ring()/SetHWOperatingState() in EnterVT().
      Move the remaining two lines of SetHWOperatingState to the caller.
      Remove gratuitous wait_ring_idle after I830Sync.  Syncing implies that.
      Move BIOS scratch register setup to EnterVT instead of PreInit.
      Initialize clock gating from EnterVT and save/restore it appropriately.
      Remove SVG_WORK_CONTROL init.
      Move debug clock printout from ErrorF to X_INFO.
      Merge branch 'master' into drm-gem
      Add a little program to dump out the first 64 dwords of the status page.
      Set up/restore PWRCTXA from enter/leavevt not server start/exit.
      Merge branch 'master' into drm-gem
      Use batchbuffers instead of ring emits for general commands.
      Avoid needless flush emits in the blockhandler.
      Use the DRM for submitting batchbuffers when available.
      Change most usage of pixmap offsets to using a reloc macro.
      Use bufmgr_gem when available instead of the fake bufmgr.
      [gem] Don't set up the ring in GEM mode, as that'll be handled by the kernel.
      [gem] Chase move of create ioctl from generic to device-specific.
      Require libdrm 2.4.0 always since we need the bufmgr code.
      [gem] Catch -EINTR from blocking GEM ioctl and restart.
      Add little hotplug detector app.
      Remove VGA regs from debug output.
      Add DisplayPort registers.
      Initial HDMI work.  Not currently hooked up at startup.
      The phase shift its are now reserved, and add HDMI clock limits.
      Add pixel multiplier support for HDMI
      Set the sync active bits like we're supposed to, matching the BIOS.
      Get HDMI output working.
      Fix hdmi POSTING_READ to use the register number instead of the register value.
      Automatically detect the presence of HDMI.
      Fix a crash in i830_sdvo_init error paths by setting up dev_priv earlier.
      Set tiling state for buffers allocated using GEM.
      Fix DSPARB setting on 845/865, which have only the AEND field and 96 entries.
      Bump version number past the 2.4 stable branch.
      Get prototype for i830_bios_get_tv().
      Fix uninitialized-use warning in i830_debug.c ring dumping.
      Fix distcheck.
      Don't set up the HWS page in GEM mode now that the kernel manages it.
      intel-gem: Give a better error message if the kernel rejects the tiling mode.
      intel-gem: Use new getparam to detect kernel GEM support.
      intel_idle: Instead if #if 0, add an ignore flag for unreliable INSTDONE bits.
      Set lvds_ddc_mode before use to avoid a segfault on mac mini.
      Don't set up sarea or drm mappings in DRI2 mode.
      UXA: Re-enable non-965 render.
      DRI2: Emit the MI_FLUSH before flushing batch in swapbuffers.
      DRI2: Move pixmap pitch alignment for use with depth to pixmap create.
      Add some MCHBAR registers for debugging tile swizzling issues.
      Bug #17446: Don't try to manage IRQs in GEM mode.
      Track move of bufmgr functions to libdrm_intel.
      Track the move of irq emit/wait to fake bufmgr.
      Track move of exec to bufmgr, and restoration of emit/wait funcs for non-drm.
      Merge branch 'master' into dri2
      Fix build failures that should have been in the previous merge commit.
      Work around libpciaccess reporting a 0 rom size by guessing.
      Add support for RepeatPad and RepeatReflect to 915 and 830-class Render accel.
      Fix bios_reader build against old servers.
      Fix driver build against server 1.4.2.
      Add a GTT dumper for G4x debugging.
      Fix broken stolen memory counting on G4X.
      Remove gratuitous flushing in EXA after solid operations.
      Enable Option "Legacy3D" for 965 as well, and clarify both the docs and code.
      Remove the CheckDevices timer.
      Make I830FALLBACK debugging a runtime instead of compile-time option.
      i965: Support render acceleration with pixmaps in BOs.
      Remove DRI_MM defines which are always true now.
      UXA: Add support for tiled front/back/depth by cutting over to the GTT map.
      Re-enable composite accel on 965 with UXA.
      Enable tiling for DRI2 back/depth buffers.
      Move debug code for I965DisplayVideoTextured to separate functions.
      Move I965DisplayVideoTextured surface/sampler setup to separate functions.
      Move I965DisplayVideoTextured unit state setup to separate functions.
      Move i965 video cc state to BOs.
      Move i965 video vs/sf state to BOs.
      Stop allocating unused scratch space for i965 video.
      Move i965 video wm and sampler state to BOs.
      Move remaining i965 video programs to BOs.
      Move i965 video vertex data to BOs.
      Move i965 video surface state and binding table to BOs.
      Emit proper relocations to pixmaps in BOs in i965 video.
      Remove the extra memory allocation for 965 video state now that it's all in BOs.
      uxa: Add in EnableDisableFBAccess handling like examodule.c did.
      uxa: Reject solid/copy to under-8bpp destinations.
      uxa: Correctly prepare/finishaccess of stipple in ValidateGC (and only it)
      uxa: Do a hack to use the aperture mapping instead of bo_map in sw fallbacks.
      Remove old mergedfb includes and defines, which bother spatch.
      Rely on libdrm 2.4.3 and stop checking for xf86drmMode.h.
      Add SDVO LVDS register definitions.
      Add PCI write posting to LeaveVT path when we're about to wait on write results.
      Remove logical context setup.
      Fix compile failure after 45f45c73469f1bd46a1b6fb206f2e9e5e4fd66b3
      warning fix.
      Don't touch the pipestat regs for detecting FIFO underrun. The kernel owns them.
      Disable DRI2 buffer tiling on non-965, as those need fence regs for 2D blits.
      Fix pin leakage with EXA GTT-mapping shortcut, and crash with UXA on KMS.
      Always enable KMS if server's new enough, and remove option.
      Fix invarient state emits for DRI2 (do it per batch, since there's no lock).
      Re-emit i915 composite setup when the batchbuffer wraps.
      Fix libdrm version number requirement regression that got spammed in.
      Fix i915 batch_start_atomic counting.
      Protect i915 textured video against batchbuffer wrapping.
      Move 965 video setup to a separate function so we can move it around.
      Do check_aperture_space and batch_start_atomic for i965 video.
      Move i965 render state bo setup back to prepare_composite.
      Use intel_emit_reloc from video to prettify 965 render bind_bo setup.
      Move filter computation from emit_batch_header to prepare_composite.
      i965: Pull check_aperture out to a separate function and make it dtrt.
      Move i965 render transform setup from emit_composite_state to prepare_composite.
      Move i965 render vb setup to use time, and decouple state emit from it.
      Use drm_intel_bo_subdata to put render vb data in.
      Fix build with server 1.4.
      Remove 965 render wm scratch space, which was just unused.
      Move 965 render unit state to BOs.
      Move i965 render kernels to BOs.
      Move i965 render sampler state to BOs.
      Don't forget the new state bos in check_aperture.
      dri2: Use modesetting's master fd instead of opening our own non-master.
      uxa: hook up the fallback debug to the driver's fallback debug option.
      uxa: Fix failure to --amend in further changes in previous commit.
      uxa: Fix driver against fbDoCopy -> miDoCopy change in the server.
      uxa: Fix breakage from UXA_FALLBACK conversion from "do {} while (0)" construct.
      uxa: Ask for BOs ready for rendering for pixmaps.
      Don't do AdjustFrame in KMS mode.
      Fix distcheck from drmmode_display.h deletion.
      Fix up i915 composite and common solid/copy code to use check_aperture.
      Disable fb resizing for DRI1-only server so that DRI1 can initialize.
      Regard the screen pixmap as suitable for acceleration.
      uxa: Fix composite fallback debug printing of main memory versus bo info.
      Fix UXA for server 1.4.
      Only allocate pixmaps aligned for tiling when requested by DRI2 GetBuffers.
      warnings cleanup
      remove more page flipping leftovers.
      intel: Nuke shared-entity support (zaphod mode).
      Remove StolenOnly support.
      Remove configured SW cursor support.
      Remove configurable support for disabling XV.
      nuke unused define.
      Use REGION_EQUAL in place of a local implementation.
      clean up arguments to i830_allocate_framebuffer since zaphod removal.
      unused variable warning fix.
      Don't allocate the render power saving context in KMS mode.
      Document the UXA AccelMethod.
      DRI1: Update sarea (and other information) when CRTC configuration changes.
      Flip the update_dri_buffers test around to only run when DRI1 is active.

Erik Andren (1):
      Clevo M720R has no TV-out

Fabio (1):
      Man page patch to clarify meaning of VideoRam option with i810/i815

Gary Wong (1):
      Bug #9550: Add a quirk for too-high clock from EDID on the EN-7100e.

Helge Bahmann (1):
      Move disable_render_standby to EnterVT instead of startup.

Henry unbongo (1):
      Add support for SDVO LVDS.

Hong Liu (14):
      Fix pixmap offset
      Fix pixmap offset
      Bug 10773: fix i8xx pll p2 value in i830_crtc_clock_get()
      Bug 10584: Mac Mini EDID data assigned to TMDS output
      Allow non-strict free order for bo_list
      Fix PLL reference clk debug dump
      Fix DPLL programming in CRTC mode set
      Fix rotation mem with kernel memory manager in VT switch
      SDVO: Fix DDC bus selection based on output priority list.
      Bug #14935: Fix i9xx reference clock for spread spectrum.
      fix possible segfault in I830FreeScreen
      Fix DSPARB change on 965G
      Set SDVO sync polarity to default on 965
      Fix SDVO HDMI output.

Ian Romanick (1):
      Prevent redefinitions of CARD8 and friends.  Fixes build.

Jesse Barnes (195):
      Various sparse cleanups:
      More sparse cleanups:
      Enable framebuffer compression (use Option "FrameBufferCompression"
      Framebuffer compression changes:
      Fixup line length buffer padding, add kludge for front buffer tile
      FBC fixes:
      Revert discard alpha change, requires other fixes to work.
      Remove tiling kludge.  May need more fixes for 965.
      Re-add tiling kludge, but only for 965.
      Merge branch 'master' into fbc
      FBC and tiling changes
      Fix tiling and fb compression defaults for 965 (not yet fully supported).
      Fix debug output in fbc enable/disable routines.  Add logic to make sure fbc
      Update man page with current behavior.
      Fix naming of FBC plane enable bits (mistakenly called them pipes earlier).
      Fix manpage to reflect default behavior.
      FBC fixes:
      Legacy backlight changes:
      Tiled rendering & fbc fixes:
      Merge branch 'master' of ssh://git.freedesktop.org/git/xorg/driver/xf86-video-intel
      Limit Solid & Copy offsets to 4k when rendering to tiled targets
      More tiled rendering fixes: - check for tiling, not just offset in PrepareSolid - combine pI830->tiling and frontbuffer checks into new exaPixmapTiled function for readability
      Remove 4k offset checks from Copy & Solid hooks.
      Fixup pitch in Prepare* functions, since actual hooks may
      Tiling fixes for 965
      Enable tiling by default on 965.
      Cleanup tiling and FBC driver output.
      Disambiguate plane and pipe mapping, use plane A on pipe B on pre-965 LVDS
      Merge branch 'master' of ssh://git.freedesktop.org/git/xorg/driver/xf86-video-intel
      Only swap planes and pipes if DRM supports it
      Fix crash in ScreenInit
      Fix plane/pipe mapping compat code
      Remove unused plane->pipe mappings from SAREA private
      Fix palette save/restore
      intel_reg_dumper - dump VGA AR registers too
      Framebuffer compression fix: front buffer may not be at fence 0
      Check DPLL status before writing PIPEnCONF regs
      Setup 3D state at EnterVT time
      Fix overlay destination clamping
      Clear current video crtc on DPMS off
      Default to EXA
      Bump driver version to 2.1.99 in preparation for 2.2 release
      Update man page to reflect EXA by default
      Remove unused 'palette_enable' variable
      Fixup warnings
      Add 'ret' variable to i830_allocator_init
      Fix typo in PLL enable check
      Improve backlight control
      Remove harmless error message
      Don't stop ring before restoring hw state
      Add FBC registers to register dump output