Re: [DRAFT] mass-closing bug reports

Hi Eric,

Eric Anholt <eric@anholt.net> writes:

> Michael Stapelberg <stapelberg@debian.org> writes:
>> Here is my updated suggestion:
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> we are closing this bug report as part of an automated mass bug-closing. There are
>> currently well over 1000 bugs open for debian-x, and the team is not big enough to handle
>> such a big number of bugs. In 1000 bugs, it is impossible to see the actually relevant
>> bugs, and nobody can use the Bug Tracking System anymore.
>>
>> Many of these bugs are caused by driver issues or broken hardware, and it’s better to
>> report these upstream directly. In the future, such bugs will be closed quickly with a
>> reference to the upstream bug tracker. The proper upstream bug trackers are:
>>
>>   • http://bugs.freedesktop.org/ → “xorg” for X and 2D driver bugs
>>     (use this one if uncertain)
>>   • http://bugs.freedesktop.org/ → “Mesa” for 3D driver bugs
>>   • http://bugzilla.kernel.org/ → “Drivers” for kernel driver bugs
>>
>> In case this bug report in particular is still useful, relevant, reproducible and does
>> not affect upstream, but only Debian, feel free to re-open it, see
>> http://www.debian.org/Bugs/server-control#reopen
>>
>> Thanks for understanding,
>> The Debian X Strike Force
>
> I like it!
Excellent. I will send this to all bugs that are shown at
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?which=maint&data=debian-x%40lists.debian.org&archive=no&raw=yes&bug-rev=yes&pend-exc=fixed&pend-exc=done
next week, unless somebody raises some objection against it in this
email thread.

--
Best regards,
Michael