DebConf X Strike Force BoF: summary

Hi,

we had a session about the XSF this morning here at DebConf, here are
some things we discussed/decided either during the session or in
surrounding discussions:

- we should focus the team on the actual X stack; following up on that I
  got the unmaintained compiz packages removed today.  We need to have a
  discussion about keeping wayland as part of pkg-xorg or moving it to a
  pkg-wayland or something?

- most of the bugs we get are really upstream bugs; we don't have the
  bandwidth to do anything about them, the submitter needs to be the one
  either just forwarding them upstream or even fixing them for the dead
  drivers.  Having them sit forever in the Debian BTS with no reply is
  bad for the users, bad for us because that pile of bugs is making us
  sad, and bad for upstream because they never see those bugs.
  So I think we agreed to add a presubj hook so reportbug tells people to
  file their bugs upstream unless they're packaging bugs, and to basically
  auto-close all non-packaging bugs with a form letter telling people they
  should go to freedesktop.org.

- a couple people agreed to monitor the ati and intel driver releases
  and merge those into sid (so far the Canonical folks have been doing
  the former but lacking upload rights to Debian their work was stalled
  waiting for a DD to upload it).

Did I forget something?

Cheers,
Julien