Re: Building Debian packages from newer upstream source

Hey,

Op 03-05-13 05:48, Adam Baxter schreef:
> Hi all,
> I require some patches that are in the mesa git tree but not in
> experimental. How would I go about rebuilding the Debian mesa packages
> with the newer source? I am prepared for breakage.
Well you're in luck, there's a git tree for the mesa packaging too!

http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=pkg-xorg/lib/mesa.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/debian-experimental

If you already have a normal mesa git tree, you can add the mesa packaging to it:

git remote add debian git://git.debian.org/git/pkg-xorg/lib/mesa
git fetch debian
git checkout -b debian-experimental debian/debian-experimental

After that just cherry pick the patches, either by git show COMMIT > debian/patches/foo.diff; echo foo.diff >> debian/patches/series,
or by using git cherry-pick COMMIT if you are not trying to get the changes into the official debian packages.

Be sure to also read http://wiki.debian.org/XStrikeForce/git-usage and the the linked pages there.

~Maarten