Re: nouveau: hard lockup when gdm3 starts

Hi,

Gedalya wrote:

> Tried removing the nvidia stuff and booting up with nouveau.
[...]
> Total system hang as soon as xorg starts. No response from keyboard,
> mouse, no response on the network (no ping, no ARP response)
[...]
> Using an Nvidia GeForce GT 520.

Do I understand correctly that the system works fine until X starts
(e.g., if you use the "text" kernel command line option)?  Does X with
the fbdev driver work?  (You can test by putting the following in
/etc/X11/xorg.conf.)

	Section "Device"
		Identifier "geforce"
		Driver "fbdev"
	EndSection

Does starting X with the nouveau driver work if you do not start a
GNOME session?  (You can test by running "startx xterm" if the xinit
package is installed.)

Thanks for a clear report.

Hope that helps,
Jonathan