Anyone had any luck with the X input synaptics driver?

Hi,

if you're a synaptics user, please report back to us (debian-x@). With
the recent switch to X server 1.12, synaptics detects that XI2.2 is
available, and enables multitouch supports. That explains why
libmtdev-dev was added as a build dependency, and why it's in
BD-Uninstallable right now for kfreebsd-*:
  https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=xserver-xorg-input-synaptics&suite=sid

I guess we could try to make that detection a bit cleverer, but another
option could be to remove synaptics from kfreebsd-* entirely. That's why
I'm asking: if somebody got it to work, we might try and keep that
alive. Otherwise, getting rid of the old binaries would make it possible
for everyone to migrate to testing soon.

Mraw,
KiBi.