Re: [squeeze -> 2.6.36 regression] holes in characters rendered on screen in X

On 09/02/12 22:53, Jonathan Nieder wrote:
If I remember correctly, your kernel is 3.3-rc1 plus an unrelated
keyboard handling patch.
Yes.

Am I correct in guessing that the glitches in font rendering didn't
happen again?
Since installing the debugwait option the problem seems to have gone away.

I hear that the way forward is SNA, which is enabled in the
xserver-xorg-video-intel package in experimental.
SNA?  I haven't used SNA for 20 odd years.  :-)
   I don't know if it
requires any particular patches on top of linus's master for
kernel-side support.  cc-ing the Debian intel driver maintainers in
case they can give a hint.

Great! I'll get this fixed in time for my once every 6 years machine replacement. :-)

Should be pretty easy to get everything on a Vaio Z2 working, right.  :-)