Re: x11-apps: Changes to 'debian-unstable'

On Tue, Apr 26, 2011 at 06:50:50PM +0200, Julien Cristau wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 26, 2011 at 18:42:54 +0200, Julien Cristau wrote:
>
> > Pretty much.  The third (and probably best) option is to get the patch
> > applied upstream and in a new tarball and update the package to that.
> >
> I've done the first part now.

Thanks, How do I proceed from here ? Wait until oclock tarball is
released ?

On Tue, Apr 26, 2011 at 06:42:54PM +0200, Julien Cristau wrote:
> > Looks like I've been a little too quick in pushing those changes...
> > I forgot the patch description, I will fix that.
> >
> Thanks.

I guess the fix now is to remove the patch...

> Yup, the app bundles are native packages since they're not just one
> upstream tarball but a bunch of different ones with different versions.
> So the debian package version is basically
> $current_xorg_katamari_version + $debian_revision, as an approximation
> of something sort of meaningful.  The katamari version (7.x) changes
> roughly once a year, the debian revision whenever the bundle gets
> updated.

OK, that means if I do packaging changes only, the full tarball will
have to be uploaded anyway, so I guess It's better to do most changes
upstream instead of applying patches.
That probably means I should join upstream, but I'm really not sure I
have enough time for that...

However I basically know the supposed next version and can write the
d/changelog entry (the final uploader will have to fix the version if
$current_xorg_katamari_version changes). That would be x11-apps_7.6+5
as I won't update the tarballs now.

I hope I'm not waisting more time than helping here...

Regards,

--
Julien Viard de Galbert                        <julien@vdg.blogsite.org>
http://silicone.homelinux.org/           <julien@silicone.homelinux.org>