Re: Console turns black during boot.

Hi Alan,

Alan Zimmerman wrote:

> I revisited this problem tonight, and it seems related to the
> xserver-xorg-video-intel package.
>
> In desperation, I uninstalled it.
>
> # uname -a
> Linux alanz-laptop 3.1.0-1-686-pae #1 SMP Mon Nov 14 08:24:20 UTC 2011 i686 GNU/Linux
>
> It now boots without problems.
[...]
> Extract from /var/log/Xorg.0.log
> -----------------------------------
> [    39.149] (II) LoadModule: "intel"
> [    39.251] (WW) Warning, couldn't open module intel

When the console turns black, is the machine still usable?  (For example,
can you use ctrl-alt-delete to reboot?)  Please also check whether booting
in "recovery mode" with xserver-xorg-video-intel installed works.

If it does, please get "dmesg" output and output from

	/usr/share/bug/xserver-xorg-video-intel/script 3>&1

after booting and reproducing the problem.  It should be possible to
get this information by either "driving blind" or ssh-ing in from
another machine.

Thanks and hope that helps,
Jonathan