Request for backports of xserver-xorg-{input-vmmouse,video-geode}

Hello the X Strike Force, hello backporters,

I am writing on behalf of the Tails Debian Live system [1].
>From several bug reports and user feedback, it looks like our users
would benefit from an updated Xorg stack, especially when it comes to
recent hardware support.

While most of what Tails need is already in squeeze-backports, we also
ship two packages that are currently missing; namely:
xserver-xorg-input-vmmouse and xserver-xorg-video-geode. The former is
at least useful when run under VirtualBox and the later is needed to
support some older "thin clients" and netbooks.

Would anyone be kind enough to help Tails by backporting those two
packages?

By the way, I'd be glad to hear about your plans for the XSF Squeeze
backports. (These packages are currently a bit older than the ones in
testing; I very well understand this may on purpose, waiting for
better, newer version that would be more suitable for backporting, or
this may be because the packages in testing don't bring enough
improvements to be worth the backporting effort, or because nobody
asked, or whatever.) Anyway, before we supply these backports to Tails
users, I'd like to hear if you feel you'll be in a good position to
maintain these backports during the Squeeze lifetime.

[1] https://tails.boum.org/

Cheers,
--
  intrigeri <intrigeri@boum.org>