[Date Prev][Date Next] [Thread Prev][Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]

Bug#506430: marked as done (Mouse double click bug related to CorePointer and ServerLayout directives)

Your message dated Thu, 27 Oct 2011 14:33:40 +0200
with message-id <20111027123340.GA25109@radis.liafa.jussieu.fr>
and subject line Re: Bug#500228: System is shutdown when using the "actions" menu
has caused the Debian Bug report #500228,
regarding Mouse double click bug related to CorePointer and ServerLayout directives
to be marked as done.

This means that you claim that the problem has been dealt with.
If this is not the case it is now your responsibility to reopen the
Bug report if necessary, and/or fix the problem forthwith.

(NB: If you are a system administrator and have no idea what this
message is talking about, this may indicate a serious mail system
misconfiguration somewhere. Please contact owner@bugs.debian.org

500228: http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=500228
Debian Bug Tracking System
Contact owner@bugs.debian.org with problems
--- Begin Message ---
Package: xserver-xorg
Version: 1:7.3+18
Distribution: Debian Lenny

since I had problem to let my Wacom Volito2 pen tablet work correctly on Debian
Lenny, I investigated the xorg.conf options and I found the following issue, not
related to my tablet problems. So, we only consider here the case where there is
a single input device :

- the simple xorg.conf file generated by 'dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg' has no
ServerLayout section and no Corepointer option in the mouse section. In this
case, the mouse works well. The mouse section is :

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier        "Configured Mouse"
        Driver                "mouse"

- however, if I add a simple ServerLayout section (this is required to work with
a pen tablet), like this one :

Section "ServerLayout"
        Identifier        "Default Layout"
        Screen                "Default Screen"
        InputDevice        "Generic Keyboard"
        InputDevice        "Configured Mouse"

then, the mouse doesn't work anymore. Single clicks events are seen as double
click events and the mouse is not usable at all.

However, if I add a CorePointer option to the mouse section, like this :

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier        "Configured Mouse"
        Option                "CorePointer"
        Driver                "mouse"

together with the above ServerLayout section, then the mouse works well again.

I've seen some bugs report that deal with the double click problem, but perhaps
my explanation could help to clarify things and fix the bug before the release
of Debian Lenny.

Best regards,

--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message ---
On Fri, Feb 25, 2011 at 23:29:40 +0100, Cyril Brulebois wrote:

> Hi,
> Patrick Schoenfeld <schoenfeld@in-medias-res.com> (26/09/2008):
> > on a system I've just upgraded GDM shows a strange behaviour:
> > 
> > If I open up the "Actions" menu and click anywhere it forces a
> > shutdown of the system without asking for feedback about this
> > action. Please note that this does not even require me clicking on
> > the OK button. Because of this it is impossible to
> > 
> > - reboot the system via this dialog
> > - suspend the system via this dialog
> > - start the xdmcp-chooser from this dialog
> > - configure gdm via this dialog
> > 
> > I'm not sure if it affects other systems as well, so possibly its worth
> > to downgrade the bug to "important". However I think that this is not
> > really ready for release so I've choosen serious as the severity.
> still having this issue?
Sounds like a no, closing.


--- End Message ---

Reply to: