kwin 4.6.5 crashes when enabling effects with mesa 7.11 and intel sandybridge

(I am not subscribed to debian-x, but to debian-kde. I don´t know where
that bug should be fixed / work-arounded.)

Hi!

I read at

Intel Mesa Gives Problems With KDE's KWin, Again
http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=OTM0NA

that blur might now work. But it shouldn´t crash I think.

The crash didn´t happen with the mesa from debian bug #631516 that I used
to test Freedroid RPG missing problem. Thats libgl1-mesa-
dri_7.11~0-2+bug38642_amd64.deb and the like. Which is basically just
7.11~0-2 + a cherry picked commit for that issue.

Hmmm, can´t reproduce by now. Now it just tells me that it couldn´t
activate any effects.

Is there anything that can be done about this? Maybe a patch for the
debian package for kwin to check for a different vendor string (without
that "GEM") for the time being. Dunno how this is solved in KDE 4.7.

I really hope that there will be a more elegant way to querying features
of GL drivers that works with all drivers.

Didn´t report bug yet, since on trying to reproducing the crash for the
backtrace it didn´t crash anymore. And I do not yet know against which
package to report.

Thanks,