Re: standby issue with nouveau drivers

Sven,

Beaver <reliablebeaver86-debian@yahoo.it> (23/07/2011):
> After switch from nvidia to nouveau drivers,
> I can't put the computer in standby
> (black screen, with flashing prompt,
> after some minutes the computer shutdown)
>

> glx alternatives point to the mesa implementation (verified by KiBi)
>

> I report /usr/share/bug/xserver-xorg-core/script 3> /tmp/script.log

apparently reportbug didn't work for this user, that's why I ask for a
mail with you in Cc.

Beaver, it'd be nice to know whether the machine is responsive over the
network when this happens (can you log in using ssh?). Also, it would be
nice if you could collect the kernel logs; if they got stored on disk,
you should be able to pick them up from /var/log/kern.log (the date /
timestamp is at the beginning of each line, if you need to do any
filtering).

Mraw,
KiBi.