xserver-xorg logs off after attempting to open any xbased application such as xterm, emacs23, etc.

Dear Sir,
I have upgraded yesterday my debian system with the newest available unstable distribution (1:7.6+4) and after this step I started noticing weird behavior in the system. I am running enlightenment as desktop version 0.16.999.063-1. When I log into it with my user name, everything seems normal, however when I try to start any application such as the simple xterm, or even emacs23, or xmms, the entire desktop logs me off as if xserver-xorg had crashed and restarts my gdm login. I had tried to set wmaker as my desktop thinking that it depended on enlightenment, but wmaker doesn't even start.
Oddly enough mozilla works, however I noticed that gif based animations are displayed in it as blinking pictures instead of normal animation. I guess there must be a problem with some libraries, but I cannot figure out where the problem is.
I would be very grateful if you could help me out. If you tell me what log file you need to help me pin point the problem, I would gladly send it to you.
I am including in attachment my latest .xsession-errors in the meanwhile.

Thanks,
G. C. Pettinaro