Re: Please give me a hand for mesa 7.10

Sven Joachim <svenjoac@gmx.de> (23/01/2011):
> Should be git://git.debian.org/users/kibi/pkg-xorg/mesa.git instead.

Sorry, apparently cp -r from pkg-xorg's to my home directory kept some
info pointed to the former location in git.debian.org's repo view.

> I've noticed hundreds of files that are in git but not in the 7.10
> tarball, including weird things like Windows .exe files.  We could
> 'git rm' them (Julien did that for many files e.g. in commit
> f6a8b969), getting rid of the "unrepresentable changes to source"
> error, but they'll come back when we switch to 7.11.  Maybe it would
> be good to write a script to delete those files from the Debian
> branches.

I guess so.

> Are there any files which are actually both in git and in the
> tarball, but with different content?
>
> > dpkg-source: warning: the diff modifies the following upstream files:
> >  .emacs-dirvars
> >  SConstruct
> >  autogen.sh
> >  bin/confdiff.sh
> >  bin/installmesa
> >  common.py
> >  configs/default
> >  configure.ac
>
> Most of the files are probably just non-existent in the tarball, but
> why did configure.ac change?  The version in git matches the one in
> the 7.10 tarball, AFAICS.

I'll answer that once I've written that script and git rm'd the files
accordingly. For now, the diff isn't generated since dpkg-source bails
out.

Thanks.

KiBi.