Re: BTS messages rejected by debian-x

On Tue, 12 Oct 2010, Julien Cristau wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 12, 2010 at 14:51:55 +0000, Blars Blarson wrote:>
> > Several messages from the BTS have been rejected by lists.debian.org due
> > to their size recently.  So anyone counting on this mailing list to keep
> > current on bugs should know they are missing out and need to go to the
> > BTS directly.
> >
> That's quite impractical, because of the number of bugs debian-x
> receives.  Listmasters, could you bump the size limit for debian-x?

debian-x is currently allowing messages up to 512K, I could bump this
up to 1M, but that's kind of excessive.

> Blars, what's the typical size of the rejected messages?

The two messages that have been rejected are 834K in size.

The real solution is implementing remote attachments in debbugs
(#475768).

Don Armstrong

--
The sheer ponderousness of the panel's opinion [...] refutes its
thesis far more convincingly than anything I might say. The panel's