Re: libdrm: Changes to 'ubuntu'

On 2010-05-14 22:16 +0200, Julien Cristau wrote:

> On Fri, May 14, 2010 at 21:16:03 +0200, Sven Joachim wrote:
>
>> You will get interesting segfaults in xserver-xorg-video-nouveau (and
>> other rdepends of libdrm-nouveau1, if there are any) after this ABI
>> break without soname bump.  Anyone who has a bright idea what to do
>> about that problem?
>>
> Two solutions, afaict:
> Breaks: xserver-xorg-video-nouveau (<< some-version)
> or changing the package name to libdrm-nouveau1with2.6.34abi (well, ok,
> not that one, but you get the idea).

I had tried something like this and failed because libtool does not
accept non-numeric versions.

> There probably aren't any other rdepends at this point since we don't
> build the 3d driver yet, so Breaks seems easiest.

Yes, we can probably get away with that.  Would also be good to bump the
version of all symbols in libdrm-nouveau1.symbols to ensure that
packages built against the new libdrm are not accidentally used with an
older version of libdrm-nouveau1.

Sven