Re: nouveau testing

On 2010-04-02 09:44 +0200, Ramakrishnan Muthukrishnan wrote:

> I am running the nouveau driver now for the past couple of hours. I
> can say that it works for a regular use. I tried glxinfo but it
> segfaulted. The output is shown below.
>
> $ glxinfo
> name of display: :0.0
> Xlib:  extension "GLX" missing on display ":0.0".
> Xlib:  extension "GLX" missing on display ":0.0".
> Xlib:  extension "GLX" missing on display ":0.0".
> Xlib:  extension "GLX" missing on display ":0.0".
> Xlib:  extension "GLX" missing on display ":0.0".
> Error: couldn't find RGB GLX visual or fbconfig

You need to uninstall the nvidia-glx package and any of its legacy
cousins to be able to test GLX.  If you had used Nvidia's installer
instead, you will need to run its uninstall script and reinstall the
libgl1-mesa-glx package.

Note that nouveau does not support 3D currently, so OpenGL applications
will run very slowly and often be completely unusable.

Thanks for the feedback,
Sven