regarding openchrome driver

Hi X strike force!

I've just noticed the RFA on xserver-xorg-video-openchrome, and would be
interested to adopt it. However I'm not a DD (yet!) and this would be my
first official package.
I already have done some packages but that's more rebuilding packages with
modified source though... See my blog:
http://silicone.homelinux.org/2010/04/11/building-xserver-1-6-for-xorg-7-5/

I own a via EPIA card with an UniChrome vide card as lspci report:
VGA compatible controller: VIA Technologies, Inc. CN700/P4M800 Pro/P4M800 CE/VN800 [S3 UniChrome Pro] (rev 01)

This computer is running lenny and the driver version in lenny does not
support this chipset. So I tested it in a sid chroot and it worked fine.
Except that I had no keyboard nor mouse detected in the chroot, so I didn't
test much (synergy helped a little but yet that's not optimal).
I followed http://wiki.debian.org/Debootstrap to build the chroot, also
mounted /dev with rbind. X runs, with fluxbox and I could open some xterms.
But I could not see any reference to mouse or keyboard in the Xorg log.

Is there some special stuff to do to run X in a chroot or should I just switch
to squeeze ? (I would really prefer to fix the chroot if possible, but if no
one is doing this, I wont spend too much time on it).
This will allow me to test some of the bugs, not the K8M890CE/K8N890CE
[Chrome 9] related ones anyway...

And I'm not following the list (yet) so please CC me.

Best regards

--
Julien Viard de Galbert                        <julien@vdg.blogsite.org>
http://silicone.homelinux.org/           <julien@silicone.homelinux.org>