Fatal Server error: xf86MapVidMem:

Hello Taskforce members

I am writing this to see if you can point me out in the right direction

I have installed a Debian Lenny distribution in my computer using only base install
then started installing packages until I installed xserver-xorg and xorg using aptitude (this also installed all of the drivers)
Everything was working fine (startx, xterm, mwm) until I´ve installed the xen kernel and booted into it
2.6.26-1-xen-amd64

Now everytime I run startx I get the following error:
Fatal Server error:
xf86MapVidMem: Could not mmap framebuffer (0xc0000000,0x7f0000) (Invalid argument)

I´ve tried running dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg and I only get options for using or not the kernel´s framebuffer driver and keyboard options (needless to say it does not work whether I choose to use the kernel´s framebuffer or not).

I´ve also tried the configuration using # X -configure, now I have a better looking configuration file in /root and try to use it running # X -config /root/xorg.conf.new
same results.

I understand that the /etc/X11/xorg.conf file looks so generic (stuff like "configured video device" and stuff) because the new release of xserver-xorg attempts to auto-detect the hardware, I also understand that if you replace it with a old xorg.conf file, it should override this behavior, but it is not working either way.

I wonder if this is a problem with the compatibility between the xen-kernel and xserver-xorg or if there´s a way to make x work (I´m not trying to use any desktops and stuff, only want to get the X server working with that kernel).

If it is not a bug and you have any pointers on where to look for, please let me know because I´ve been googling the issue for over two weeks now.

Thanks for your time
Regards

Jorge Quintana