intel driver and KMS

Hi all,

I have an Intel graphics card and I was wondering what are you
planning for Squeeze. The current Intel driver in unstable is 2.9,
which is already 2 releases old.

Are you keeping this as the release driver for Squeeze? With the
freeze happening probably in 6 months, this 2.9 driver will get
seriously old.

However, as you are certainly aware the newer versions require KMS.
This conflicts with the goals set a few months ago that KMS would be
shipped in Squeeze disabled. How do you plan to address this?

Please don't take my questions as an insult of some sort - I'm just curious.

Regards,
Pedro

PS: Please mail me directly, I'm not on the list!