Re: See also Bug #568827: libgtk2.0-0: Most icons and pictures no longer displayed

2010/2/20 Samuel Hym <samuel.hym@gmail.com>:
> As I started doing it today, I thought I might as well bug you (ahah) with
> the bug report
> about the quite unsettling disappearance of gtk icons. According to the
> other reporter, it seems to be a general geode bug. Do you have suggestion
> about how to track down the source of the bug? Whether I'd report it
> upstream, wherever that is? etc.

Hello Samuel,

Thank you for your bug reports.

If you look at the ChangeLog, you'll soon notice that I'm also
involved upstream for the Geode driver.

I noticed the bug appeared about 1 month ago on my Ubuntu/Lucid host
when Ubuntu upgraded from X server 1.6 to 1.7. Now that X 1.7 has
entered Debian testing, I notice the same issue.

Our Geode driver's source code has not changed in an eternity on the
aspect of handling pixmaps, so I have to assume that some X server
core change is involved, but I've been unable to determine which one,
which is why I'm posting here to the Debian X team in CC in case they
might know.

Martin-Éric