Re: compiz updates for unstable

hi folks,

just fyi:

On Sat, Jan 30, 2010 at 02:43:43PM +0100, Brice Goglin wrote:
> >  (a) go ahead and build/upload that
> >  (b) rebase out the changes locally and reset the *-unstable branches
> >      to not include the merges/commits (this will screw over anyone
> >      who's recently updated their local copies)
> >  (c) find all the merged commits and revert them for the time being (ugh)
> >
> > I have a preference for (a) or (b) but want to know what you guys think.
>
> If the difference between 0.8.4 and latest HEAD of 0.8 isn't huge or
> dangerous, I'd vote for (a). Otherwise, I'd go for (b), I don't think we
> care much about other copies of our alioth repos.

it looks like it's mostly safe, but i'm not completely sure.  so to err
on the side of caution, i went ahead and did (b).  i've made a backup
copy of the repo before doing a push -f, in case anyone needs to get
the lost refs after the next automated git-gc/repack.

i'm now gonna take a look at the latest ubuntu patches and see if there's
anything interesting for us (it looks like there is), and take a look
at what of the upstream commits we do want.

sorry for all the noise!
	sean