X crashes when waking up from suspend to RAM, since move to 7.5: investigation methods?

(please keep me CC'ed to answers)

Since 7.5 X.org packages appeared in unstable, I experience great
instability on my Dell Latitude E4200 (Intel GM45 chipset). Most
problems happen when waking up from suspend to RAM: in short, from
time to time, the X server crashes and I'm brought back to my window
manager login screen.

I haven't been able to isolate something specific (or a specific
course of actions) that leads to these crashes: the server doesn't
crash each time the machine wakes up from suspend, this is just
apparently random.

I have one specific thing running nearly always on this machine:
Virtualbox-OSE (Debian packages). However, the crashes happen even
when no virtual machine is running, so I don't think this could be
related.

What could I do to help investigating such crashes? The
/var/log/Xorg.0.log (or Xorg.0.log.old) doesn't seem to contain very
detailed information about the crash but I may be missing something.

I hesitate reporting a bug, at least until I am sure about useful
information I could provide...and the package that's involved (I know
about the difficulties of the "XSF" to deal with bug reports).