Re: Patch for xserver-xorg-input-synaptics to add a variable Orientation

On Sat, Nov 28, 2009 at 10:41:41 +0100, Qfeng Chen wrote:

> Hello, I patch the xserver-xorg-input-synaptics to make the
> orientation of the touchpad can be changed to fit the orientation of
> the screen, when the orientation of the screen is changed by using
> xrandr. It is a very good function when you read paper on a netbook,
> and I hope this patch can be add to official patch.
> This patch is for xserver-xorg-input-synaptics-1.2.0.

Hi,

a more appropriate place to send this would be to the upstream
maintainers of the synaptics driver.  Would you mind sending it to
xorg-devel@lists.x.org?  (There has already been talk of input device
rotation with randr, and iirc the idea was more to associate the device
with a crtc so that rotating that crtc would automatically rotate the
input device)

Thanks,
Julien