Bug#489868: resolution on the external monitor limited to the one of the build-in LCD
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Bug#489868: resolution on the external monitor limited to the one of the build-in LCD
- From: Apelete Seketeli <email@example.com>
- Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 18:08:39 +0100
- Message-id: <1258132119.2383.11.camel@localhost>
- Reply-to: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- In-reply-to: <handler.489868.B489868.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <20091107172558.6140.37435.reportbug@localhost> <handler.489868.B489868.email@example.com>
> I recently noticed that this bug is still happening on my computer. Running Sid
> on a Thinkpad X60 I cannot set an external monitor resolution to something
> larger than the built-in LCD one.
I've tried again today, and this is working fine now. I suspect the
latest kernel update (from 2.6.30 to 2.6.31) to be responsible for the
resolution of this bug.
> Trying the latest Ubuntu release on a live usb
> I noticed that it wasn't plagued by the same problem, so I decided to update
> this report.
The bug can be closed now, as far as I'm concerned.
Apelete Seketeli <firstname.lastname@example.org>