Bug#555648: x11-xserver-utils: xrandr -o left: starts up with squished fonts; aspect ratio not adjusted ?
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Bug#555648: x11-xserver-utils: xrandr -o left: starts up with squished fonts; aspect ratio not adjusted ?
- From: Edward Welbourne <email@example.com>
- Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 16:14:17 +0100
- Message-id: <E1N8Etl-0005Y1-2h@whorl>
- Reply-to: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- In-reply-to: <20091110194754.6062.45423.reportbug@whorl> (message from Edward Welbourne on Tue, 10 Nov 2009 20:47:54 +0100)
- References: <20091110194754.6062.45423.reportbug@whorl>
I've now added
Option "Rotate" "left"
to Section "Monitor" in my /etc/X11/xrdb.conf
so that xrdb operates in portrait mode ab initio, which avoids the
need to invoke xrandr -o left, hence avoids the problem. However, it
would obviously be better if xrandr and the font infrastructure played
nicely with one another anyway ...