RE: MESA glut package?

Is there any process at Debian to ask / vote / propose a new package?  Because IMO that would be a good thing to offer the choice just like it is done in the deb repository for so many other software :)  Further more because this is already a sub-component of the MESA source code that is already provided....

Regards,

- Vincent