FHS and X manual pages

Hi,

it's been pointed out to me that we violate FHS ever since [1] is
included in Debian.

The FHS says "All X Window System manual pages must have an x appended
to the filename."

Now there are some options.
1) add an exception in policy to allow the removal of this x suffix
2) revert this change in Debian's xutils-dev package (which contains the
xorg m4 macros)
3) set {APP,LIB,MISC,DRIVER,ADMIN}_MAN_{SUFFIX,DIR} in each X package's
debian/rules when running configure to override the default
4) get the change reverted upstream

I'd like to avoid 2) because that would affect upstream tarballs built
on Debian systems.  3) is a lot of work for a pretty small gain.

What do people think?  Did I miss another way out of this?

[1] http://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/util/macros/commit/?id=d9062e4077ebfd0985baf8418f3d0f111b9ddbba

Cheers,
Julien