EDID & KVM switch: feature request

 Hello,

 Sorry, just a feature request...
 Some KVM (to use 2 computers and a single screen/keyboard) are made for
the other OS, and this other OS has a default stored in a file when it
cannot read the EDID information from the screen.
 So obviousy, those KVM blocks the I2C EDID information and Debian
display its default max screen resolution as 800x600, whatever the
video card and screen are able to handle.
 "It would be nice" to store the latest successfull read of the EDID in
a file somewhere, and re-use that file when no EDID whatsoever can be
extracted - so that the installation of Debian needs direct access to
the screen - but afterward those KVM can be used.

 I hope I am sending to the right place.
 Thanks for everything,
 Etienne.