Re: uploading xserver-xorg-input-synaptics [was Re: xserver-xorg-input-synaptics: Changes to 'upstream']

On Mon, May 11, 2009 at 08:08:43 +0900, Mattia Dongili wrote:

> Later tonight (JST), if nobody objects, I'd like to upload a new
> xserver-xorg-input-synaptics based on the current upstream code of the
> 1.1 branch.

Sounds good!

> xserver-xorg-input-synaptics (1.1.1~git20090510-1) unreleased; urgency=low
>
>   [ David Nusinow ]
>   * Add NEWS.Debian entry about enabling tapping again (closes: #497523)

I think it'd be nice if the NEWS entry explained how to do this with
synclient rather than xorg.conf / hal.
The xorg.conf way probably needs things like a ServerLayout section, and
I'm not sure how well it'll keep working.  And fdi is not quite a nice
config file format.  Or we could point at gpointing-device-settings,
since that has been accepted in the archive now.

Cheers,
Julien