Different keymaps on different keyboards

Hi!

As I have upgraded a system to X.org 7.4, I wanted to try one of the
recently added feature of having different keymaps on different
keyboards.

I have not been able to find any proper documentation on how to do this,
and after some digging in HAL and xserver-xorg's scripts, I came up with
a pretty crude hack.  My /etc/default/console-setup now has:

  PRODUCT="$(hal-get-property --udi $UDI --key input.product 2>/dev/null)" || PRODUCT=""
  if [ "$PRODUCT" = "Chicony PFU-65 USB Keyboard" ]; then
          XKBMODEL="pc104"
          XKBLAYOUT="us"
          XKBVARIANT="dvorak"
          XKBOPTIONS="lv3:ralt_switch"
  else
          XKBMODEL="pc105"
          XKBLAYOUT="fr"
          XKBVARIANT=""
          XKBOPTIONS="lv3:ralt_switch"
  fi

At least, it works, but this does not really sound like the proper way
to do it.  Is there something that I have missed?

(Please keep me CC:'ed as I am not subscribed.)

Cheers,
--
Jérémy Bobbio                        .''`.
lunar@debian.org                    : :Ⓐ  :  # apt-get install anarchism