Bug#521623: [Pkg-ia32-libs-maintainers] Bug#521623: ia32-libs: libGL.so tries to load x86-64 i915_dri.so
- To: Goswin von Brederlow <firstname.lastname@example.org>, email@example.com
- Cc: Julien Cristau <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Bug#521623: [Pkg-ia32-libs-maintainers] Bug#521623: ia32-libs: libGL.so tries to load x86-64 i915_dri.so
- From: Michel Dänzer <email@example.com>
- Date: Wed, 01 Apr 2009 08:49:57 +0200
- Message-id: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: Michel Dänzer <email@example.com>, firstname.lastname@example.org
- In-reply-to: <email@example.com>
- References: <49CED188.firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <20090330151017.GA4533@radis.liafa.jussieu.fr> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Wed, 2009-04-01 at 00:50 +0200, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:
> Julien Cristau <email@example.com> writes:
> > On Mon, Mar 30, 2009 at 16:37:31 +0200, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:
> >> This is a problem with plugins. Unless the software/library is
> >> prepared to use the lib64/lib32 path to the plugin it will allways use
> >> the native bitness and fail if that is wrong. In this case libGL needs
> >> to be patched to look in /usr/lib32/dri when compiled for 32bit and
> >> /usr/lib64/dri when compiled for 64bit.
> > We don't ship a 32-bit libGL for 64-bit userspace. ia32-libs does that,
> > so you get to deal with the fallout, thanks.
> > Cheers,
> > Julien
> Ia32-libs ships the libgl binary from the i386 archive. It does not
> and can not build the source so it can not patch the path.
> The only way this bug can be fixed is if you help by paching the
> normal i386 and amd64 libgl package. Others like gtk and pango
> maintainers have done so for the benefit of our users.
FWIW, strictly speaking no patching is necessary, ia32-libs could just
arrange for $LIBGL_DRIVERS_PATH containing something like
However, it would probably be better to make something like this the
default path built into libGL instead...
Earthling Michel Dänzer | http://www.vmware.com
Libre software enthusiast | Debian, X and DRI developer