Re: [Wishlist] compiz-kde4

Sune Vuorela wrote:
On 2008-10-16, Magnus Pedersen <bofhenator@gmail.com> wrote:
It would be nice to be able to use compiz with native kde4 decorations, is it planned to have the debian compiz-packages to support kde4?

I don't know what would be the purpose of it, but I have the impression
that the default window manager can do whatever compiz can do, at least
regarding the fancy eyecandy.

/Sune

The list of plugins for compiz is far greater than the effects for kwin (is it still called kwin in kde4?), so regarding fancy eyecandy kde4 is not quite there yet ;-) But more importantly, for me anyway, compiz runs much more stable on my Nvidia card than kwin. The solution would be to have nvidia fix their driver, but that might take a while... So, compiz-kde4 would make my day.

I use kde4 with kwin on my laptop with an intel-card and it runs flawlessly.

/Magnus