Re: Lenny: Mouse freezes after kde ends a session and kdm reappears on Intel G35 chipset

Rainer Dorsch wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a reproducable issue on with an Intel G35 chipset using the Intel GMA
> X3500 running Debian lenny with the latest updates of today:
>
> rd@blackbox:~$ dpkg -s xserver-xorg-video-intel|grep Version
> Version: 2:2.3.2-2+lenny2
> rd@blackbox:~$ dpkg -s kdm|grep Version
> Version: 4:3.5.9.dfsg.1-5
> rd@blackbox:~$
>
> Whenever I end a session and kdm reappears (which happens as far as I
> understand without restarting X), the mouse freezes and is placed in the
> middle of the screen. The keyboard ist still working within kdm and I can
> switch to virtual consoles. Crtl-Alt-Backspace restarts the X-Server and this
> fixes then the mouse issue.
>
> I checked Xorg.0.log on a virtual console, when the mouse hang. It contains
> these lines towards the end:
>
> (WW) Configured Mouse: Grab failed (Bad address)
> (WW) Configured Mouse: Release failed (Bad address)
>
> For reference, the full Xorg.0.log and xorg.conf are at
>
> http://bokomoko.de/~rd/X3500/
>
> Can anybody with confirm the problem? If yes, do yo have the same intel Xorg
> driver and kdm?
>
> Can anybody advice if and if yes, against which package I should open a bug
> report? What information should be included?

The problem is probably
    Option "Device" "/dev/input/event1"
I don't think there's any guarantee that this file is always named the same.

You may find some help in
http://who-t.blogspot.com/2008/07/input-configuration-in-nutshell.html

Brice