Re: xserver-xorg-video-ivtvdev in contrib. Can be moved to main?

On Wed, 2008-08-27 at 21:07 +0200, Julien Cristau wrote:
> [cc:ing Ian, who's the x-x-v-ivtvdev maintainer, because I don't know if
> he reads debian-x]

I receive it but I don't often actually read it, so thanks.

> On Wed, Aug 27, 2008 at 20:21:05 +0200, Anders Semb Hermansen wrote:
>
> > Hello Debian X Strike Force,
> >
> > xserver-xorg-video-ivtvdev is in contrib. Is this only because ivtv-
> > source is in contrib?
> > If so, ivtv and ivtvfb kernel modules are now in the default kernel.
> >
> > Can xserver-xorg-video-ivtvdev therefore move to main, or am I missing
> > something?

Don't know if it makes a difference (I think it probably does) but it
depends on firmware which is non-free (although not currently packaged
in non-free, it could be -- I just didn't ever quite get round it it).

Ian.
--
Ian Campbell

Have the courage to take your own thoughts seriously, for they will shape you.
		-- Albert Einstein